Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Merritt Island, FL
    Posts
    273

    Default

    njoynthewater,

    The 40lb wing your talking about was made for doubles or a single? Wings designed for doubles usually are wider.
    I have used the Halcyon 40lb wing thats made for doubles on double alum 80s and yes it was very nice (smaller than my 55 wing!).

    Thanks,
    Dave


  2. #12
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I was surprised to read that a single wing on a set of doubles could bend a backplate...just something to consider:

    Deco Stop - Backplate Bent

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Looks like the consensus on TDS is that a wing CAN'T bent a backplate. A narrow wing might lift the 80s off your back, and make you unstable, though.

    Why not just sell the single tank wing, and get a smaller doubles wing? Stuff moves pretty fast on the Gear Excannge forum.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Merritt Island, FL
    Posts
    273

    Default

    FW,
    I love that single tank wing for singles in the ocean! I usually use a single lp120 and that wing works great.

    I have not used a 40lb doulbes wing on lp104s yet (I normally dive lp95s) but kind of wish I bought one instead of my 55.

    Maybe I will just take my 36lb single wing with me next trip out of the country and try it on some alum 80s... Sounds like thats something I should do in April!

    Thanks guys! I guess the only way to know is to try it! I will not inflate it to much, don't want to bend anything (alum 80s would have a little more room between them and the bp than 8" tanks).

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ps. FW, I'm reading the Walls info now and trying to learn how it works. Thx


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Dave didn't say anything about Florida caves. It's a big world
    I misread the original post as "cave country" instead of "out of the country". My bad.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Single & Double Aluminum Cylinders for sale
    By bobmaufroy in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 07:27 AM
  2. FS Double AL-80s, and 13cf
    By RescueTechDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
  3. wtb bp and single wing
    By ggoodman in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
  4. WTB: single tank wing
    By swadiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:42 PM
  5. Double 80s
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts