Insurance...the Life kind???
Recently while updating some of my insurance and mutual funds junk with my broker we began a discussion about our various diving trips and such...he informed me that my life insurance policy is absolutely null and void while cave diving. He has done a little research since for me and has not been able to find anyone who will offer life insurance while cave diving, even while staying within my certification zone!
I have found several that will cover me while drag racing, because they have people on staff who understand it, and as long as I am licensed and qualified to operate the race vehicle I am operating, I am fully covered.
Does anyone know of a life insurance company that is willing to deal with cave divers that, like drag racing understand it, and therefore as long as you are trained and stay within certification limits, will also be fully covered???:smt100
Nationwide has its limits
Nationwide placed a limit on ours at 130' and no cave diving. You would think with an office in the heart of cave counry they would understand the safety record among cave diving better than anyone.
It seems the questioning was abit backwards, my wife gets a better rate than I. She dives and only does about 30-50 dives a year, I do 200+ a year and have considerable more training, seems odd but thats the way life (insurance) is.
Good post on life insurance
I have found one that omitted the scuba question all together. Now if you race,hang glide, moutain climb, bungee or have a private pilots license they have a problem, but they totally left out scuba so you can get over $1,000,000 of level term life 10,15, or 20 year. It is not a convertble plan but will give you some extra coverage. We also know getting to the dive maybe more dangerous than the dive.
Steve
Life Insurance and diving
failed to mention this is not available and all states and if you are a professional diver and do it for your occupation then I think they would get you possibly on the occupation question sinc eyou would be at highest risk just due to the numbers of dives,travel etc.
Steve
Poster that said he had ING
I did some checking and found you got lucky. I asked a brokerage manager to check out what they would offer and he saod at best an extra $2.50 to $5.00per thousand to cover a cave diver. This is actual better than some that offer no coverage or a waiver. I still have the best deal I have seen since they ask no scuba question.