Just ordered my first dry suit to use diving primarily Florida springs, any suggestions on what undergarments to get ?
Printable View
Just ordered my first dry suit to use diving primarily Florida springs, any suggestions on what undergarments to get ?
I usually use a mid-weight unless scootering or long hangs. Depending on your size, I have two size large midweights I'm selling. One generic fleece for $75 and a Santi BZ-200 for $125 including shipping. Both are in excellent condition. They just don't fit my fat *ss any more.
Also, Charlene barker has several for sale on Scuba Board
"For Sale Scuba Diving Drysuit Underwear 17 Sets; including heated ones"
I'm a big fan of the 4th element Arctics.
4th element xerotherm and arctic have been the best I?ve had. If its really cold or a long dive I wear the xerotherm under the arctic. I had a custom cut bz400x that was nice but the 4th element was warmer and more comfortable with better mobility
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard fourth element Is good , I’ll be doing short dives as of now because I’m intro level. So would the xerotherm be enough for now ? Then add Arctic later. Thanks for the offer terry unfortunately I’m an XL
I can wear my xerotherm with a trilam suit and do a 3 hour scooter/swim dive. Anything over 3 hours I either add a xerotherm vest or move up to the arctic
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ordered the xerotherm! Thanks for the help
I know you already ordered but just giving you another data point - I recently completed my C1 class and was very comfortable using only xerotherm and their base layer (J2).
Yes I forgot to mention that the j2 baselayer is pricey but worth it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll just try the xerotherm first then if I need to get the j2 I’ll get those :)
The J2 layers are nice, but they're not the most durable or comfortable fit. Any hiking/outdoors under layers are totally comparable to the under layers you buy from the dive vendors. I alternate between my J2 and patagonia layers for both diving and hiking and the J2 layers are starting to fall apart after 4 years, while my patagonia layers are going on 11-12 years with no holes, no problems. Patagonia stuff is expensive, but you similar fit and product and a long list of other brands.
The thick out layers don't have a comparable product, you'll probably be most happy in the long run by just buying from a dive vendor here.
I actually have Patagonia thermal underwear so I’ll use that under the xerotherm, great suggestions!
I have a Weezle extreme plus I wear over Ice Armour merino wool base layer. Good for 3 hours. For shorter dives, I use a 200 gr thinsulate