As I sit here in Panama City Beach, all rained in by TS Debby, I'm wondering what we'll do if Madison Blue is blown out on July 7. I guess our options would be either move it to a later date or hold it somewhere else on July 7.
Thoughts?
Printable View
As I sit here in Panama City Beach, all rained in by TS Debby, I'm wondering what we'll do if Madison Blue is blown out on July 7. I guess our options would be either move it to a later date or hold it somewhere else on July 7.
Thoughts?
I think Debby is forecasted to move North very slowly, making landfall around Thurs or Fri ? If so that could be a lot of rain.
Manatee?
Ginnie?
You guys are moving the wrong way! (Im coming from the Panama city area)
How about JB?
Peacock and get 100 points per attendee toward winning one of the grants.
John
There are many activities that do not involve diving. As a suggestion -
1 - Drink Heavily - you do want to fit in with the locals
2 - Wet Tee Shirt contest among all of the old fat guys. (Gives me a chance to show off my DD's)
3 - Geo caching - We can hide everyone's car keys and give clues on how to find them.
4 - Did I mention drinking heavily?
5 - Roshambo Contest - we will need Herbie and Sid for this.
6 - We all take turns parking in the handicap space, send pictures to Dr. Dwayne
Loads of fun for all
More along these lines:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roshambo
well, if we can't dive madison, my vote is the social somewhere else on the 7th, just because we'll be there then. but if we hold it at madison & can't dive, i'm in for the drinking, parking, & wet tshirt contest.
never cancel a dive due to weather. go and enjoy. do what can be done at the place you planned. don't do what can't be done, do what can. it's all in the journey, not the destination.
zen-skip,
Nice...
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?03vwl5
And if the cave is undivable?
I would like some feedback - postpone it or move it? The staff at MBSSP have been awesome in preparing for our social. I guess Marissa should ask what they would prefer we do. Maybe make it July 21?
The problem is, some people have planned to be at a social on July 7 and want us to have one somewhere else on that date. Others want to have a social at Madison Blue, regardless of the date.
People, speak up now! If we make a decision you don't like, you can't complain if you don't make your wishes known now!
I would suggest you have a social at someplace that is guaranteed accessable. Madison may be such that you can not drive into the park and or the road is flooded. Hope for the best!! But plan for the worst. Get plenty of local information and keep in mind that flood forcasts are only 24 hours ahead. What happens next weekend has yet to be determined.
My two cents, Frank Ohidy.
Make a decision after the weekend
We should decide on a back up plan. I say if it's blown, we go to manatee. If manatee is blown, we reschedule for another date.
For someone that lives in Clearwater, Manatee is a great alternative. But many of those hoping to attend are from Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and the panhandle. For them, Manatee is even farther away than Ginnie. I believe one of the main reasons Madison Blue was favored by many is that it is a closer drive than past socials have been.
I vote that if MB is blown, see if it can be postponed two weeks and held there on the 21st.
May want to discuss with Manatee SSP since this will be a very busy time for them,plus they limit number of divers at a time.
The heck with the venue, just keep this off the menu!
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/japan-polic...102600230.html
I have a big patio and there is a cave in Crystal Beach.... and one in Tarpon...... otherwise I am guessing we postpone......
It may be further for some but what about JB?
Postone
Have the social, and socialize... which is something you can't do underwater in the cave very well.
Innertubes manditory
Okay, the July 7 CDF Social is officially postponed.
As per our discussion, we hope to hold it on July 21 at Madison Blue; if MB is still undivable, we will hold something at Jackson Blue on the 21st.
Stay tuned.