-
21w HID light for Sale
I have been making canister lights for myself and friends and decided to try and sell a couple. For sale is a 21w focusable HID light with a 4.5 hour burn time.
Some of the feautres:
Focusable 21w Brightstar HID bulb
-Delrin construction
-108 Wh NiMh Battery pack provides 4.5 hr burn time
-Canister dimensions: 2.75 x 10.75
-Goodman Handle with optional thumb loops.
-Smart charger included. Full charge in less than 4 hours
You also have the option of getting a 2.25 hour canister. This option will come with 2 54wh NiMh batteries. This canister is much smaller. (2.5 x 9)
I could also order LiPo batteries if those are preffered. I think they cost a little more money though.
As far as warranties go: I'll replace anything small like cord or switch boots for free. Broken bulbs will cost around $40 to replace. Spare 12v 9Ah battery packs will run $100-$200. I'm still looking for a good supplier. Since these are custom lights built per order, you can ask me for any modifications you'd like. Things like thumb loops won't cost me much money or time and I'd be happy to add them on.
Asking $825.00
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240025.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240024.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240020.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240018.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240026.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/da...s/P3240022.JPG
Those are the only pictures I have right now. They are of my prototype that I currently dive. I'll try to get some clearer pictures on here soon.
-
How do these lights hold up? Can you bang them around like a Salvo light? Any flooding issues in the past?
-
No flooding issues so far. I designed it to be waterproof well past 300 ft. The seals only get tighter as you descend. The test tube has 3 orings and the igniter is sealed into the head and glued and screwed down at the back. I've had good luck with the cable glands. They are Agro, the same company that everyone else uses. The switch boot is standard among all the companies as well and the canister seal is simple and perfectly tight. I treat mine like a baby, so I cannot coment to how much banging they will take. There is the cowling on the front to protect it and the 3rd test tube oring helps to absorb some of the shock if you hit against something.
The ballast is sealed on the inside of the canister. I am debating adding a waterproof battery compartment but I'm not sure if it is needed.
-
It's needed! Lithium batteries (whichever version) are some pricey stuff.... I'd rather loose the ballast than the battery AND the ballast.
-
That sounds fair. Sealing the battery would involve just another plate to go over the battery and I'll seal the wires coming out to anderson connectors. That or I can waterproof the battery pack itself. Either way...
Watertight battery compartments will be a feature of any light bought.
-
I've changed the price to $700.00
-
Sounds Great,
Had I not purchased My Halcyon Light few months ago I would buy one
-
Looks like I need to start saving. I think I will have enough after I sell my salvo 10 watt HID.
-
Will you be able to get into the battery compartment once its sealed off or would I have to send the light away when its time to replace the battery?
-
You'll be able to get into the battery compartment yourself. It'll be something like this: http://www.batteryspace.com/producti...1/P7100038.jpg .
If someone prefers the banana style connections with completely sealed battery I can add that for a little extra. I don't see any advantage over the anderson connectors though. Others may.
-
Do you offer the Li-on (spelling) battery?
-
Yes! I can offer you a 124 wh battery pack good for around 5 hours of burn time.
Price would be only around $50 more. I plan to eventually switch entirely over to Li-Ion. I can accomodate any battery pack/canister combination.
I am personally running a much smaller canister wih a 2.5 hour battery. I switch out batteries in between dives. Alot of people don't like having to do this.
-
-
2 more successfull dives to 120 ft. Perfect beam I'm trying to get up to cave country on April 10-11. Probably be at ginnie. Come check out the light if your interested.
-
Can you make a LED light with a smaller light head or do you just offer HID lights?
-
Hector (350xfire) sells LED lights. I am currently only making HID light heads.
-
I'm interested -- need 21w w/ at least a four + hour burn time and long cord for butt-mounting on a Nomad.
-
Hey Dave,
Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread. I am waiting on a production run of 10 of these lights. In the meantime I can build lights on a per order basis with about a 2 week lead time.
I can do a 21w HID with 4.5 hr burn time in Li-Ion for $725 + shipping. The longer cord would not be a problem at all. If you currently have a light and could give me an exact measurement of what you need that would be great.
For Li-Ion I can give you a 2.5" x 11" canister (maybe as skinny as 2.25". I'll go make sure the ballast fits) or a 2.75" x 9" canister. The 4.5 hr nimh canister is 2.75" x 11". If you need more burn time, I can fit up to 6.5 hrs worth into the 2.75" x 11" canister.