are reports ever going to be released on the latest fatalities?
the one at ginnie and or the one at eagle's nest?
Printable View
are reports ever going to be released on the latest fatalities?
the one at ginnie and or the one at eagle's nest?
I'm still waiting on three from 2007. :smt102
They only post reports if it was an official IUCRR recovery, and someone writes up a report.
so were these not iucrr recoveries?
Learning from deaths in caves is "old skool".
If you want to know anything about what not to do in a cave... just post in a forum and ask the "experts".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't at least the Ginnie death an IUCRR recovery? I thought I'd heard that Joel, Corey, Jim, Jeff, and Larry were all on scene? To be clear-- I wasn't there, so that's a question to whoever knows, not a statement by me.
I'd love to see a computer download on that dive. I know the deceased was at least wearing a computer at the time, but I'm not sure it was ever downloaded? With silt flowing out the wormhole according to people in the cave at the time, and Harry's crack being on the opposite side of the cave (and deeper), we might learn something.
I've heard a report was written.
I guess that's my point. Who did you hear it from? Do they know the answers to who wrote it and if it was submitted? If we could track down some specifics, it would help in asking why it's not on the site. I'd like to see the reports, as well.
IE Dear IUCRR Site Manager, Joe Smith wrote a report up of Incident XYZ on Octobuary 45, 3021 and submitted it to Fred Jones via email on Novy 33, 3022. Today is Janember 324, 3025. Why isn't it on the IUCRR site yet?
On the dry side...GREAT NSS News issue in my mailbox today full of cave incident reports. Good stuff!