Survey on psychological aspects of "extreme" diving
I'm posting this for a fellow student:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a
> Masters student at Bangor University doing a dissertation about
> psychology and
> scuba diving. For this dissertation I need male scuba
> divers who do
> extreme/risky/challenging dives to fill out an online
> questionnaire. Unfortunately there are not many divers
> fitting this description, so i was hoping that you could help a
> fellow diver to
> find some participants for her study.
>
> In the
> questionnaire the divers will be asked about their emotions and feelings when
> doing a "risky" scuba dive, as well as in daily life.
> Participants are free
> to drop out of the study at any given time. It would be greatly
> appreciated if you
> could send the link to my study to some
> recreational divers you might know,
> or maybe even to the club members. I really hope you can help me since
> adventurous scuba divers are very difficult to find.
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...w3T8_2bg_3d_3d
>
> Thank
> you for your time and have a nice dive!
> Cheers,
> Fleur van
> Rens
Sudden midair urinary incontinence!
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Squirrel Girl
I was explaining to someone today that there's not a huge "weeeeee" factor in cave diving. Bungee jumping would have a big weeeee factor (or in my case, I-eeeeeeeeee!
http://www.deepcaves.net/smilies/eek.gif )
Or Peeeeeeee! I'm pretty sure I'd wet my pants (at least!) if I bungee jumped! I'm not scared of heights - used to be a firefighter, rock & ice climber, vertical caver, and think parachuting would be fun to try. But I have no desire to bungee jump - or more accurately a powerful desire not to! There's something about it that's just wrong!
Mike