I carry o rings, a multi tool and a wrench in my pockets so I guess I'm in the camp of not letting superstitions dictate my dive plan
Printable View
I carry o rings, a multi tool and a wrench in my pockets so I guess I'm in the camp of not letting superstitions dictate my dive plan
I'm not superstitious, but i am a littlestitious - Michael Scott
For a while, my ritual was a run to relieve myself followed by a prayer that I was sufficiently hydrated but not so much so that I'd need a p-valve. As my dives got longer, my ritual became less effective.
It is a number first defined in the 1700's by the French scientist, Claude Abritraty (Ab-rit-raty) that defines the number of times any random word can be misspelled, depending on the number of vowels in the word. It proved not to work for most Slavic words, particularly proper names, as there are just too many vowels. I believe it is expressed as I^e, except with no C, where C is a consonant.
the other thing that we also have found to be somewhat true when cave diving (not a reason to call the dive before it starts but during the dive itself) is that when you find extra stuff in the cave (such as line cutters, back up lights, go-pros, or simple valve knobs) make sure you are not missing such items yourself, it also applies to OW diving.... because the cave giveth but the cave also taketh!
Dive safe,
Celia