Vol 1-15 of UWS is available from the CDS. It's good reading.
Andy
Printable View
Vol 1-15 of UWS is available from the CDS. It's good reading.
Andy
Bob Friedman, cave diver from the late 60's thru the 80's. I've got a photo of him and Sheck at a workshop in the late 70's. Good guy, I believe he was from the Tallahasee area.
Sue's Sink (between Catfish and Friedman) is named for his wife, I believe.
I was told a long time ago Sheck altered the entrance of the sink to be able to get in. This was done at the time of original exploration. Mr.Friedman was one of the team members. They had to identify the sink that leads into the cave and then break the limestone (talk about a conservation bla-bla). Could anyone confirm this?
It is not the only sink there nearby. If you walk thru the forest following the mapped cave there will be a dozen of sinks. They always feed my fantasy that there is a more side passage. The forest is infested with deer tick. There is no restrooms nearby, and parking can take up to 3 cars. When the water level is low the diver in a hole makes a nice picture - it looks like it sticks half way up right out of the ground.
I believe Bob passed away some time (7-8 years?) ago.
My apologies if this is incorrect.