A former Young Turk (now on his way to becoming a third wave Old Guard member) said it another way:Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
"Former Cave Adventurer, current Cave Enjoyer"
works for ME!
Norm
Printable View
A former Young Turk (now on his way to becoming a third wave Old Guard member) said it another way:Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
"Former Cave Adventurer, current Cave Enjoyer"
works for ME!
Norm
Don't forget caves like Sally Ward, Wakulla, Chips Hole, Big Dismal
Perfect dive sites for Intro Cave divers. :-D
Thanks for all the wisdom... (I also enjoyed the "wise cracks")...
Since I know about Wakulla (>300 feet deep, I assume I should stay away from the other ones referenced here (Sally Ward, Chips Hole, Big Dismal, etc)... Also, I never said I wanted to go 800-1000' in, what about the first 100-200 feet? lol...
The first 100 - 200 feet? That's practically a cavern dive - depending on where you're at. :wink:
Quote:
The first 100 - 200 feet? That's practically a cavern dive - depending on where you're at.
EXACTLY... (Besides I'm just a cavern diver who just wants to see what's around the next corner... then the next corner... then the next corner... after Intro training of course...)
Might as well add "The World" onto that listQuote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
There is a page in the CDF resources listing a BUNCH of cavern dives that your should look at if you want info for diving.Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB
http://www.cavediver.net/archives/bestcaverns.htm
Wow! I think you would have gotten very different responses if you mentioned that you are cavern certified and not Intro Cave certified.
It sounds like you are possibly pushing the limits of your cavern training ('around the next corner'). Please be sure to take the Intro Cave class rather than just heading farther in without it. There is a lot to be learned in the class that will increase your survivability.
Well, Joe, that's cool, don't push it or rush it. STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!! My instructor told me this: there are old divers and there are bold divers, but there are no old bold divers.
I'm not so sure that he's referring to strictly Cavern certified dives....based on his profile which says... "Cavern since '01, Intro this Aug" Maybe he's looking for info on Intro dives for after he gets Intro certified this month, but the "around the next corner" comment was referring to Intro....Appprentice....and Full....??Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfuzzy
I'm just speculating here....his posts are a little confusing.... :?: :?:
Mike
Actually Mike hit the nail on the head... I'm scheduled to take Intro this month and I was just trying to get an idea of what sites I can gain some experience at the Intro level after my training. In response to the "wise cracks" I was just responding to them with some additional bantering... I'm actually very conservative & have never dove beyond my training. I've been OW since '71 & cavern since '01, so you won't find me past the cavern zone until I complete the training. I may never dive beyond the Intro level because I approach it more as enjoyment & not the challenge of pushing the limits. I've done alot of reading & research, but just wanted to know if there were some sites to look forward to that I did not know about... I do however, enjoy a good sense of humor, which I have found to be the "norm" on the CDF...