All 3 major cave organisations being?Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg
Printable View
All 3 major cave organisations being?Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg
When on Friday did this happen I was there all day and I only saw two reels all day. My team's that we put in at about 10:30 and did not pull until 6:30 PM and one coming from the Eye. There was a team coming in when we pulled our reel that had to come back and run there own. I thought that was kinda risky to trust that a reel would be there when you exit with out talking to the owner first. Otherwise I did see the problem you descibe.
Curt
Curt, it happened on Thursday (Thanksgiving).Quote:
Originally Posted by curtschu
I think Nick had the correct response. :twisted:
I see your post is dated Saturday so I thought you were there Friday.
It was real nice Friday.
Hmmm, on my computer it says "Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:42 pm".Quote:
Originally Posted by curtschu
Regardless, thanks for the reply. It was nice on Thursday also. I spent Fri at Madison and Peacock.
Good dives to you all!
Angie, that's weak, and a poor excuse for crappy training. If people are not trained to place the line so that it does not run down the center of the passage they will have worse problems in other places than ginnie. Instructors need to teach students to place and remove line in high flow so that it is NOT an entanglement hazard, for that team or any other- It is absolutely possible to run four or five lines into that hole without obstructing the actual entrance. It just takes a little common skill that should be taught in CAVERN! :evil:Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Reim
:smt027
/Rant off/
Tegg- seriously- someone could give a good class on this and it wouldnt be wasted- there are a lot of individual and team skills that could fall into etiquette- Of course most of them should be taught, but many aren't any more. Particularly to those folks who found cave diving so easy that they decided to knock it all out in seven days.Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg
Dang- I'm on a rampage tonight.
J
Ya know what??? You are right!! I guess I just got tired of getting tangled in those lines that were not placed properly and then rationalized not laying one 'in this case'. Truth is that done properly it is not a problem at Devil's Ear or Eye. Done PROPERLY. It's the improperly laid line that is a problem - potentially serious problem if you've read some of the Incident Reports. Thank you for the kick in my rearend. Ya'll better start laying those lines properly or you'll be subject to some serious chewing. I'll say 'Johnny made me do it -- but I agree. :smt091Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrds
Disclaimer: Yep. He's right in this case, but then again, I don't argue unless I know I'm right..........
I love how this "Johnny" guy always gets blamed for my comments. Right on. :)Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Reim
JASON made me do it! :-D