-
Bill,
My bigger point was, it's inconsiderate to leave your reel in for days in a place like Ginnie. The second comment was somewhat joking, not even I would recommend taking out someone else's reel, even though I was sorely tempted last week. And even I would grudgingly give people the right to use a reel in a place as utterly impossible to get lost as Ginnie. Perhaps there are, indeed, some people who haven't yet realized that merely ceasing to swim at the end of the gold line will result in your being regurgitated from the cave like an ill concieved hamburger on a Sunday morning after too much to drink the night before. No real navigation required.
Humour is sometimes difficult to communicate in a post, I suppose.
But seriously, giving a lecture on manners when they themselves show scant respect for others? Good grief.
-
-
I understand what you are saying about the reel being left. But it was dead of winter with very little traffic. And yes in a high flow system like ginnie it is very easy to find your way out from the gold line. But don't come down on me for being safe. Accidents happen when we become careless and brake the rules.
-
You guys are funny. You haven't learned how to force proper etiquette, and it is so simple. Just silt the crap out of the cave going out. Blow the vis down to nothing behind you, make it look like pigpen from peanuts had been there. Trust me, that will slow the entering team down, and make then think twice about going past you. And since you are on your way out, who cares? Wallow around in the bottom, point your scooter down at the floor, that's what I have been doing for the last 38 years, and all this time, people just think I am a crappy diver. HA, the joke is on them!
-
You have to love the instructors that preach courtesy and respect!
For those that didn't catch it in class... just perhaps they'll catch it with our good example.