Thanks for the heads up Jim!
Printable View
Thanks for the heads up Jim!
Thank you Jim and thank you NFSA!!!
I was the one that checked it out on the request of Jim and the NFSA. It is nasty. The line starts out as thin cave line and eventually turns into a thicker line. I got up a ways past the thick line and could not see even a slight glow from the surface. At that point I could not go any further because my tanks kept hitting what felt like a large log. Debris was flying down everywhere around me every inch higher I tried to go. Debris and silt were getting into my regulator,as well. If you wanted to exit from there right now you'd probably have to dig your way up and out and it would not be easy. Please take the NFSA seriously and do not even bother attempting to surface there.
Damn Jim, you are going to need a REALLY big plunger.
Or worse yet,dig your way out only to have more come down on you. The bank has moved away from the side to some degree,and a close up assessment has to be made. A fix needs to be accomplished,but at a time when divers aren't in the system,because a resulting major silt out could present a safety hazard to any team in the water. The green light has been given to do something afterhours when divers aren't in the system because we are interested in getting this open for emergency use. Be safe.
Why not let nature take its course and seal it up if that's the result? Seems like opposing natural forces isn't something that usually nets a long term positive outcome. Maybe just remove the line going up to it?
In my opinion, most likely it's not very stable. Every day divers swim underneath pothole, with some quantity of bubbles bound to go directly up there. I would imagine if we don't interfere with nature now, we will interfere with nature unintentionally at some later unpredictable time.
Does this mean that I have to stop logging it as the end of my first dive and the beginning of my second dive when I swim passed it now?
Thanks for the heads up Jim. Has the line and sign been removed? Not everyone may get the message before they dive there.