There a few members that need to read this very carefully.
Printable View
Upon further consideration, I believe I have a solution. Just as we have various numbered rules, we could have an entire set of numbered un-civil and/or insulting remarks. Now this is not all inclusive, but i suggest starting with:
#1 - Jackhole
#2 - You moron
#3 - You don't know jack-**** you idiot
#4 - eff-ewe
#5 - Your mother wears army shoes
So a good insult could read - "#2,#3. You useless #1. #4,#1, #5."
Now, this would be considered un-civil if we were to spell it out, but as you see, it does not appear so if you just use the number system.
I suggest that everyone PM's their numbered comments to Forrest, and he can compile a master list to be distributed to all CDF members.
I'd like to add fights to the death cage matches at the CDS Social, Two cave diver enter, one cave diver leaves. Then we can line the outside of the cage with armchairs to quarterback the accident analysis of the fight.
CAN YOU IMAGINE??
HOLY smokes MA...
PERFECT!!!!
Mods can ban a few here and there that can't behave, but provocative discussion is part of what I learn from here. If I dont want to get beat up, I keep my mouth shut, and I expect to get torn up if I say something that may be provocative. I guess that's why I have been around a few years but took my time to join cdf and only have 75 posts. Some post more than they dive, some dive more than they post, and some of us are just like #2#1. Its them internets, grow thick skin, or go #4.
That said, with regards to class and the passing of a team member, try to show class, and if you act like a dork online I'll just not hang out with you at the BBQ's and wont buddy up online. Some folks can't be taught class in these situations, but dont ban them, they will bury themselves socially, but occasionally provide interesting devil's advocate thought.
Ok, now beat me up. Post 76.
I like the idea but it should be something related to the sport. For example:
- running with full gear and stages till one falls
- scooter dog-fight including chikin game (this would require u/w set of rows of chairs for public in a large cavern like JB)
- both adversaries bare (swimsuit allowed) stand at a deck in Peacock till one falls dead from mosquito bites
- each opponent stick AL80 in crotch and start filling EAN32 from transport cylinders who not chikin -wins
please continue...
Scooter Jousting... I'm with ya Ary.
Of course that would assume you can get some couch divers at a site or actually in the water.
I understand the mods getting tired of babysitting, especially the same set of children. But I sometimes gain ideas and knowledge from the bickering and alternative thoughts that come up. Lots of personal beefs being settled here by finding ways to pick apart and discredit each other. Maybe "Poster beware..." should be anchored on the IE window frame in latin or something. But I assume its just like watching Jerry Springer, at some point I can tune it out, change the channel, or block a poster.... but when I want to see a pair of aggravated divers fight it out like baby-momma's in a trailer, I come back. And sometimes I learn things from these less than civil arguments. Other times, I just think, really dude? Did you have to go there?
I think what bugs me is when folks "what if" too much before those involved in an incident have a chance to catch their breath and decide to post or not. Perhaps there should be three threads running, Accident/Incident Facts and Anaylsis, and Accident/Incident Speculation and What-If's, and Accident/Incident Condolences.... or perhaps we can just all behave better?
TJ Please don't die!
The incessant demand for your cholesterol levels, dates of last physicals, review of trips to countries that have had or should have health warning and speculation if you had on worn a scarf to protect you from a head cold that could have masked the walking pneumonia that was diagnosed via Google and Wiki by someone hoping to get into medical school some day. In addition the questions of "is he really dead?" Or has he gone off to the Kamchatka peninsula for the insurance money where he has been socking away the proceeds of a few years of web hits to his server.
Stay healthy my friend.