Re: Best Regulator for the price
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1V3R
Okay, this is something I have put off for a long time because of prices of regulators. Currently I'm using a 1975 Aqua-Lung Aquarius Regulator (dont worry I had it rebuilt), and I need to switch to something modern.
The best regulator I've used to date is a Poseidon Odin, very very nice but its out of my price range.
It has to be inexpensive and relativly small, thats why I've been looking at the Dacor Viper (anybody have on of these?).
Just my opinion but the only regs I use in the overhead are the ScubaPro MK20s with old-school G250s, the only thing I've ever breathed that was a tiny bit better was the old Scubapro Pilot and those are hard to find parts for.....of course having said that I'm seriously thinking about switching over to the new Dive Rites after breathing them, since they are very comparable and much easier to work on!!
BTW I've tried the Apeks and they're okay......
Safe diving
Rich
Re: Best Regulator for the price
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrive1
Or get yourself RG2500's. Don't listen to those guys (Tegg and Dwain). They don't even dive!
I dive... :wink:
What you meant to tell him was to go buy some Sea Elites... aren't the the same reg as the Dive Rites? :smt066
Re: Best Regulator for the price
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1V3R
Okay, this is something I have put off for a long time because of prices of regulators. Currently I'm using a 1975 Aqua-Lung Aquarius Regulator (dont worry I had it rebuilt), and I need to switch to something modern.
The best regulator I've used to date is a Poseidon Odin, very very nice but its out of my price range.
It has to be inexpensive and relativly small, thats why I've been looking at the Dacor Viper (anybody have on of these?).
You would do well with Scubapro, which should be within your price range and has an excellent track record, and they still have the lifetime warranty on parts, which comes in handy every year at overhaul time.
My 2c's.
Celia
Re: Best Regulator for the price
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrive1
Or get yourself RG2500's. Don't listen to those guys (Tegg and Dwain). They don't even dive!
Come on Jordan...
Aren't you being a bit biased since you work for DR?
DR regs are good but I still like mine. :-D