Unfortunately, most of the famous cave divers that started in the late `80's and `90's were "juicin." Have you seen the guns on Rich? C'mon, man, that's not natural.
Printable View
Unfortunately, most of the famous cave divers that started in the late `80's and `90's were "juicin." Have you seen the guns on Rich? C'mon, man, that's not natural.
Cave diving can be egocentric enough without adding to it.
You are missing the obvious qualities that make for a great cave diver.
1 - willingness to buy the beer
2 - ability to carry your scooter for you
3 - babe magnet
4 - 4 wheel drive truck, not some stupid Yaris
5 - buys your trimix for you
6 - ability to take ridicule and jokes from everybody else about diving with you
7 - looks good in speedo while posing with arms crossed in front of two scooters
Was uber deep diving on CC well enough understood in '94 to have been considered?
I see your point. I only meant that their cave diving days (or at least the days of doing what they are being inducted for) are over. I didn't really want to put "dead or retired".
Is uber deep diving, closed or open, well enough understood today?
I can think of people who are alive and diving today to be inducted into a hall of fame. I mean, who is retired or dead today who wouldn't have been OK to induct the day before they retired or died?
Anyhoo, we had a similar "hero" thread not long back. Plus I agree with Rob. There are enough egos in cave diving already as it is.