-
Hollis Minnie led 3
I have a Hollis Minnie 3 that I used as a backup so little burn time but is out of warranty. The led will not come up to full brilliance. Hollis says it is out of warranty and they have no repair parts except for there canister light. They offered a 20% discount on a new led 3 but they have no repair parts for that light. Know anybody that can fix it or should I just pitch it.
-
After my poor experiences with four Hollis lights and a computer... pitch it and get something else.
-
Yea after talking to their new owners I was told they would give me 20% a new backup light but they can’t fix them if they break I just hate to throw something out that is basically should be able to be fixed. I wonder about any Hollis products they did say they had parts for my sms75 but I won’t buy any more Hollis products.
-
The repair of a backup light is not always easy or cheap. The driver and led assembly is most of the expense, and repairing has a labor and shipping cost too. For an $80 light that is several years old, if it was mine I would toss it.
I've lost three backup lights due to using Costco aaa batteries that leaked and corroded the body or electronics. My new backup lights are brighter, longer burn time, and all use lithium cells. I didn't bother asking the manufacturer about fixing my old ones even though I have wondered about throwing a working head into an old salvo 10w led...
Basically I wouldn't let this experience sour you on Hollis gear, I don't think they are acting especially unreasonable.
That said, the warranty experience with light monkey and dive rite is probably better than Hollis, so if it were me I would not buy Hollis light, just for different reasons, and I wouldn't carry around any malice for Hollis.
-
I have no malice toward Hollis just don’t like are throw away society sad to throw a light that is new in appearance and can’t be fixed because we won’t stock the parts to fix it. I would rather fix it knowing there is a cost to do so then throw it out. When all these companies are bought out and merged together the customer usually suffers and I think this will probably be the case with Hollis.