Contrary to rumors...........Ginnie Springs is OPEN and the visibility in Devils System is clear
Printable View
Contrary to rumors...........Ginnie Springs is OPEN and the visibility in Devils System is clear
Confirmed,
See dive report
Please keep this thread updated since Ginnie once again becomes the center of the universe. Do you think it will keep open this week?
And i can second that one, for me it is "off-beaten" of my path due to its refined environment and cost of a trip. But on a floody time there is not much to choose from.
On WED JUL-20, yesterday. Water level in Santa Fe is going down. Ear is still tanic, flow in Gallery is picking up quickly but didn't reach usual strength.
Hey man,Quote:
Originally Posted by ARY
I saw you yesterday. I was with Mike Hawkins. I was decoing next to you. I had the backmount, and Mike had the sidemount, and we had stages. I was going to introduce myself, but I did not see you again on land, we just saw you going back in after you finished deco. I will be there again this weekend.
John
Oh that was you? I went to dig some dirt from Little D. to burn some leftover gas after having short deco and then returned to Turkey Breast(?) parking stairs. You had one of your lights halogen 50w right? I was trying to read a message on a back of your doubles but i don't remember it. Also i have a question: did you go into July spring syphon yesterday?Quote:
Originally Posted by John L.
No I did'nt go to July Spring. Someone else must have mucked it up. We went hill 400 to nicholson tunnel to double domes and back the same way. We staged, and dropped the stages near the double lines jump, and thats why we had to go back the way we came to get them.Quote:
Originally Posted by ARY
Wow....did we really swim all the way to the Nicholson tunnel? That must be....what, 45 or 50 miles? :-D My gas consumption has gone WAAAY down...I used to not be able to swim all the way from Ginnie to Peacock. :wink:Quote:
Originally Posted by John L.
Mike
Mike, I think he meant the hillier tunnel. I will be at ginnie this weekend diving look me up. BillQuote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
The distance between Hill 400 and the Nicholson Tunnel is about 42 miles. Now, that's a swim for the record books! :-D