Doing better than bifocals for dive masks?
The current thread about gauge readers got me thinking about trifocals.
My farsighted and astigmatic wife has prescription bifocal lenses in her standard and spare masks. Her previous correction, which is now in her backup mask, allows her to see at mid-range (bottom half-lens) and to see at a distance (top half-lens), but isn't adequate for her gauges. Her current correction allows her to read her gauges (bottom half-lens) and to see at a distance (top half-lens), but isn't very good for mid-range objects.
Does anyone know of any businesses that sell either prescription trifocals or (unlikely, but) varilux inserts for dive masks?
Multi-focal Contact Lenses
I've started wearing multi-focal length contact lenses. I have worn contacts for years and these work pretty well for normal use and for diving. I used them last month diving in Florida with good results; I could read my computer!
I'm just not ready to don the bifocals yet, holding out as long as I can :yawinkle: