Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread

Default O2ptima Rebreather for SALE

For Sale : Total Package for $5500 includes:

O2ptima Rebreather made by Dive Rite.

The O2ptima is a fully closed circuit, constant PO2, electronically-driven rebreather with built-in decompression ability. Unique in the rebreather marketplace, the O2ptima is specifically designed for the rigors of cave diving where immediate surfacing is not possible. The resulting features are also highly desirable for wreck and deep ocean divers.The O2ptima's design includes minimal risk of a caustic cocktail. Two water traps in the loop along with horizontal, behind-the-head positioning of the scrubber canister create a difficult path for water to travel. An even greater advantage is gained by using Micropore Extend Air scrubber cartridges, which do not contain dust. It is the dust that reacts quickly with water to form a caustic cocktail. The O2ptima delivers excellent work-of-breathing that allows divers faced with strong flow or ripping current to breathe comfortably. Over-the-shoulder counter lungs along with the scrubber positioned behind the head means gas has less distance to travel, so the diver does not have to work as hard to "pull" gas through the loop. This also allows the O2ptima to have smaller diameter loop hoses, which minimizes jaw fatigue.A high impact frame and Rhinotec 600-denier polyester cover protects the O2ptima from tight cave squeezes and rolling boats. Hoses, regulators and tanks are kept neatly streamlined and away from potential snags inside a wreck or cave.

Storm Case by Hardigg
    The Storm Case by Hardigg is designed to transport and protect the O2ptima when traveling abroad or for every day transport. Made from lightweight strong HPX Resin, the Storm Case has a watertight o-ring seal and is guaranteed for life. It has telescoping handles that lock in place plus rugged in-line wheels for fast and comfortable transport. Press and pull latches hold tight even under duress, yet open easily. A permanently attached vortex valve automatically adjusts air pressure without letting in water. Divers can add the security of their own lock to molded-in hasps. Double-layered, soft-grip handles combine strength with long lasting comfort. The unique hinges are impact-resistant and create a flat surface for upright stability.

Dimensions: Exterior (LxWxH) 31.3 x 20.4 x 15.5 inches, Interior (LxWxH) 29.0 x 18.0 x 13.8 inches, Weight: 22.5 lbs

Dive Rite Rec Wing/TransPac Harness System
    and 2 steel 27 tanks.
    Total Package is worth $7000
    Never been used. Everything Brand New. Comes in originally packaging.

Cave & Technical Diver Forum Admin

This still for sell?
    if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by chuck's dream View Post
    ....Never been used. Everything Brand New. Comes in originally packaging.
    Makes you wonder why he is selling it ....
    FWIW, he hasn't logged in since March 1.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Cave & Technical Diver Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Makes you wonder why he is selling it ....
    FWIW, he hasn't logged in since March 1.
    Wondered about that

May contact this guy
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebre...le-loaded.html

and see what happens.
    if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

Tommy -

I had a few chats with the guy and he seems legit. My father passed away a few weeks back and it got really crazy, so I never really pursued it.

It is NOT an Optima FX, it is the original Optima. Aluminum handsets, etc.

Here is the bulk of the last email:

I looked at the information and it is an Optima 2 we were mislead on the inforamtion on which model.As far as being packed away for awhile I have not had the time to devote to the diving I originally started out with. I wanted to get advanced nitrox before rebreather course, plus do Cavern,cave & overhead but have not been able to find the time to do all this.I am just pursing open circuit diving with Cavern,cave & overhead.I dont want this specialized equipment sitting around and not being used
    He sent some pics and I can post or forward later. I also have his email address if you want it, PM me.

IMO, if you want to go technical with it, I think the listing on RB is the way to go. By the time you get this unit worked up, you're probably going to be above Erik's price anyways, plus he has some great extras.

Cheers,
    ~Jeff

Yeah, I think my unit is really priced to go. I think it's at least worth $1000 more but I was coerced into listing it for less recently

It is true that once you buy the bare unit, there is so much stuff you'll want that you'll end up spending a lot more on it. With my unit, you already have the BOV, the stable plate and foot, the 1/2/3 and 1/2/4 monitoring, a repair kit and many more things.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebre...le-loaded.html

Erik