Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default quick peacock/little river questions...

I'm headed down next Thurs and want to get wet a peacock.... what time do they open the gates? What are the conditions looking like right now? How about little river? The conditions page didn't seem too up to date, but it didn't look great for LR the last time it was checked...any info would be great... see you all friday thru monday.

Matt (IowaCaveDiver)

P.S. New Car....no more 87' grand marquis....a little red "danger" ranger

Default Re: quick peacock/little river questions...

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver
    I'm headed down next Thurs and want to get wet a peacock.... what time do they open the gates? What are the conditions looking like right now? How about little river? The conditions page didn't seem too up to date, but it didn't look great for LR the last time it was checked...any info would be great... see you all friday thru monday.

Matt (IowaCaveDiver)

Hiya Matt!

Peacock opens at 8am, must be out of the water by 5pm.

Did the Grand Traverse today with some friends, vis was 50ft below the duckweed in OG, in the cave passage vis was okay, maybe 30-40', past Challenge it dropped to maybe 10-20, and stayed that way until Olsen with some sections being clearer than others. Heading toward P1 stayed about 20-30', and the walls are dark with tannic stains....

Didn't dive LR but have heard 10-30' depending on who you talk to!!

Hope this helps and I'll see ya next week

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

Hey Matt,

Where ya stayin' & how long ya gonna be down?

Richard Blackburn
    All comments are my own.

Default Hey Rich....

I'm staying with a buddy that used to work for Olympus and lives in Lake City.... I'll be diving friday thru monday, but friday is just a tune up day... easy stuff getting back into the cave frame of mind.... i won't have my speargun, so it will take a dive or two to feel comfortable... then saturday and sunday I'm learning the ancient art form of sidemount from my buddy, and then monday i'm sticking around to get a few more sidemount dives under my belt and may take off that night or else leave early tuesday morning....not for sure yet. If you're around friday, I'm meeting another CDF friend to do some dives, nothing fancy, just some basic dives in peacock, maybe little river. what does PIII look like? Is anything looking really good right now? I'm trying to keep it cheap, so i'll probably avoid Ginnie.

-Matt

Genesis

Last weekend LR was 10-15ish on the vis.... it was actually better in the basin than in the cave!

Default Re: quick peacock/little river questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver

Matt (IowaCaveDiver)

Hiya Matt!

Peacock opens at 8am, must be out of the water by 5pm.

Did the Grand Traverse today with some friends, vis was 50ft below the duckweed in OG, in the cave passage vis was okay, maybe 30-40', past Challenge it dropped to maybe 10-20, and stayed that way until Olsen with some sections being clearer than others. Heading toward P1 stayed about 20-30', and the walls are dark with tannic stains....

Didn't dive LR but have heard 10-30' depending on who you talk to!!

Hope this helps and I'll see ya next week

Safe diving,

Rich
    Must be out of the park by 5:00,be out of the water earlier

Default Peacock

I just got back from diving peacock. The rules say to be out of the water by 5:00 and be out of the park by 5:30. I am certain of these times. Do not take these rules lightly. The rangers WILL lock you in if you blow them off... and a sheriff will return to discuss the situation with you. You don't want that. Glen

Default peacock fees

Oh another thing. Peacock ain't so cheap anymore either. It's $10 to dive now instead of $5.

Genesis

The family rec pass is still good, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Last weekend LR was 10-15ish on the vis.... it was actually better in the basin than in the cave!
    I dove little river last week and the viz was a solid 30 feet. Viz was 20' in the Harper tunnel.
    Genesis, you are too accustomed to diving gin clear water

Why is it that nobody ever says,"I wish I would have worked more!"?

><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Jamie Rumph