Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Ginnie Enforces CCR Cave

Apparently, Ginnie is going to enforce the CCR Cave Certification now. I was there today and they asked to see my CCR Cave card, and would not let me dive the breather in the cave without it. One of the young kids that work there was being a stickler about this and when myself and another rebreather instructor asked him who started this and when, he stated that the manager wanted this rule to be effective pronto.

LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME FOR ME TO PURCHASE A NEW BOAT AS WELL!

P.S. Rich, mind if I borrow yours Wed. night.

Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. C.S. Lewis

See posts in TDS....

Dive safe,

Celia

"Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

Default ccr cave?

just get a boat and go for it! OC cave + ccr = ccr cave in most cases!
    have a nice day at stroke "pit"

I may just have to scratch Gennie from my list. I designed my system and have been diving it for 7 years and they are telling me I can't dive it?

I noticed it on their sign in waiver, but didn't broadcast that I was diving it, just dove it. The scuba nazis must have been off duty that weekend.

Dale

An independent diver.

If they are going to tighten up on things like this I wish they would enforce some of their general rules. I was there on Saturday and there were people jumping off of the railing next to the sign that says "No jumping off the railing". I was almost hit twice. Imagine someone cannonballing a $10k Meg at the start of the dive. Also, there were so many people crowding the stairs, that's signed for divers, that I had no room to get to the side of the stairs to clip off bottles before exiting.

I don't mind too much the $22 entrance fee but it seems like all I am doing is paying $22 for a parking space. I'm definitely not diving there on a summer weekend again.

Mark

Mark Schroder

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. (PV12:15)

Guys, see the thread in TDS, it is all a big miscommunication between the management and the summer hires that hear what they want to hear.

You only have to show proof of training in the rebreather you intend to dive and your full cave card, that is all.

Hopefully it will be put in writing and posted clearly by the front desk so the iddie summer hires can refer to it and stop screwing up.

Dive safe,

Celia

"Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    Guys, see the thread in TDS, it is all a big miscommunication between the management and the summer hires that hear what they want to hear.

You only have to show proof of training in the rebreather you intend to dive and your full cave card, that is all.

Hopefully it will be put in writing and posted clearly by the front desk so the iddie summer hires can refer to it and stop screwing up.

Dive safe,

Celia
    Celia, I must say that I don't feel that the front desk employees deserve so much grief. Management has been divided on this issue, and park staff has been enforcing whatever they feel like no matter what managers tell them, some days. (by that, I mean the staff up by Devil's.) And those of us at hte front desk don't get any say in how much Ginnie prefers to take money from the campers and tubers than from the divers. Ginnie management is the one who deserves to be criticised for policy matters like this. If it was merely an employee making a mistake, that is one thing, but when I have asked management in the past about this issue, I have been given answers different than some coworkers who asked. They are finally resolving this issue. But the problem has not been due to the guys at the front counter. It's a problem of miscommunication in management primarily.

Ginnie won't ever post the rule anywhere....but if you look around you'll see they've posted up more, stricter rules for us "kiddie employees" to follow......

I wrote a longer version explaining how messed up this has been, from an employees standpoint, in the TDS thread. No one is more annoyed at Ginnie management for rules and policy enforcement than myself and Marchand, and one of the managers, Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post

Dive safe,

Celia

Celia,
    I have been talking with one of the long time employees there and he told me that it was Rose's intention to enforce this rule. It may not be a misunderstanding at this point. I intend to call Rose this morning and talk to her personally.

Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. C.S. Lewis

Keep us informed about that conversation. If I am 'required' to do a specific CCR cave course just to dive Ginnie, I hope Ginnie will either refund course fees/annual pass fee or grandfather me in. At this point in time we are allowed to dive there with cave and CCR certs, changing the requirements afterwards would warrant an allowance for current users.

Meng Tze
    -Homo Bonae Voluntatis

Moderated

What will Ginnie's stance be on a homebuilt CCR unit?

Can't take a course from anyone when you design your own....