Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Jackson Blue - 7/4/08

Destination: Source Nouveau

Again, had the whole cave to ourselves. Scootered the main line to 3,325 and parked scooters. Took the left at the T. Swam ~1,000 feet into Source Nouveau. Lots to see there. Turned when we got tired of swimming.

As always, vis was stellar in JB. Flow seems down since May.

Great dive.

Total distance covered: 4,325 feet.
    Total run time: 2 hours.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JB.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	401  

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat.

I was there early in the morning of the 4th and we also had the place to ourselves. There was a Triathlon going on though so the park was packed with folks. Only other divers we saw were some folks that were probably just doing the cavern and we just passed them by the stop sign as we were heading in for our second dive.

Ditto to PacketSniffer on the flow. I don't scooter dive yet so I can tell you for sure that the flow has gone down significantly since April and a little since May.

Shawn

"Never Trade Luck for Skill"

Quote Originally Posted by PacketSniffer View Post
    Destination: Source Nouveau

Again, had the whole cave to ourselves. Scootered the main line to 3,325 and parked scooters. Took the left at the T. Swam ~1,000 feet into Source Nouveau. Lots to see there. Turned when we got tired of swimming.

As always, vis was stellar in JB. Flow seems down since May.

Great dive.

Total distance covered: 4,325 feet.
    Total run time: 2 hours.

how was the scooter speed ....

LL

Quote Originally Posted by runawaylobster View Post
    how was the scooter speed ....

LL
    Uhhh, well, it's official. I have a limp scooter (compared to newer model). It's ok though as this one will be designated the "cave backup/wreck scooter". We'll have to have another trip in JB when I get the new ride.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat.

Uhhh, well, it's official. I have a limp scooter (compared to newer model). It's ok though as this one will be designated the "cave backup/wreck scooter". We'll have to have another trip in JB when I get the new ride.

it will make a great wreck scooter though ... see u soon

LL

No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada

Uhhh, well, it's official. I have a limp scooter (compared to newer model).
    Good since I heard good things about the X before trying yours. Any chance of an upgrade for yours ?

The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

I was the one of the people you passed in the cavern, there with some new to the overhead world divers. Conditions were really good, hopefully we didnt silt the cavern out too bad for you! Sounds like you guys had a good dive!

Quote Originally Posted by chimie007 View Post
    Good since I heard good things about the X before trying yours. Any chance of an upgrade for yours ?
    Yeh, I can get the newer electronics which I am in the process of getting.

I already replaced the rear seal. Was gummed up and hard to turn the prop axle. I think it helped but don't have a benchmark to which to measure against unless you want to race again. Hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eternal View Post
    I was the one of the people you passed in the cavern, there with some new to the overhead world divers. Conditions were really good, hopefully we didnt silt the cavern out too bad for you! Sounds like you guys had a good dive!
    You sure that was me (rebreathers and scooters)? We were getting in the water pretty late at JB . There was only one other person there getting in at the same time and he was solo. I don't remember passing anyone in the cavern either.

Might not have been then, we were there all day though so who knows. I was with two other divers but they were kinda buddied up and I was ahead of them some.