Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Bands

Default Sidemount Bands

I am currently using cam bands for my lower clip attachment. Just wandering what some of you other sidemounters are using?

Last edited by contender; 03-27-2008 at 03:22 PM.
    Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. C.S. Lewis

Just simple SS Clamps...

Recently, I got DR Low Profile Buckle (1.5 inch wide) as well.

"Compact low profile version of the stainless steel cam buckle. The strap length is adjustable for both small and large cylinders and can be trimmed. Includes removable and position adjustable non-slip pad."

Use SS bands that are used on stage tanks. I just place them at a differant location. I then use a screw link and have my clips attached to that. Have seen some use the old bent washers that they used to keep a D-ring on the tanks with, istead they tied a snap on with.

Use what you have.

SLIM

Administrator Forum Admin

I would recommend 2 SS hose clamps per tank. I have had a tank come loose, and it messes up your trim pretty badly.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by contender View Post
    I am currently using cam bands for my lower clip attachment. Just wandering what some of you other sidemounters are using?
    Chad - I use the same as you, cam bands. I don't care for metal to metal connections if I can avoid them...that's just me.

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

SS hose clamps for sure. Wrap some duct around tank to solve the metal to metal contact issue. I dive 130's, so any weight saved is good for me (I go about a buck 50, not much more than the tanks!).

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I would recommend 2 SS hose clamps per tank. I have had a tank come loose, and it messes up your trim pretty badly.
    I did not consider one breaking or coming loose. Do you snap into the butt plate with both clips or is one in case?

Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe View Post
    Chad - I use the same as you, cam bands. I don't care for metal to metal connections if I can avoid them...that's just me.
    I like this way the best so far, but I am always open to new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bil View Post
    SS hose clamps for sure. Wrap some duct around tank to solve the metal to metal contact issue. I dive 130's, so any weight saved is good for me (I go about a buck 50, not much more than the tanks!).
    I think the metal to metal contact would be the clip and hose clamp for cutting purposes.

Nope 1 clip but held with 2 hose clamps. If you are so worried about a metal to metal conection and what kind of clips then you need to learn your system more. There should never be a reason to have to cut a SM tank off. If you can't reach it properly or unable to manipulate it in a multitude of postions then maybe need to chang eithr size tanks or how you have them secured or just ore work with them. Getting into SM is not that hard but deos take some time.

This might be the explorer in me and not a recreational cave diver. A good SM rig one should be able to be in all kinds of postions and be able to reach every snap. not buy sight but bye feel and just memory of where and how it is located.

SLIM