Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Sherwood Valve Plugs Needed

Saw someone else posting on how they needed plugs for an out of manufacture manifold, and I thought I would try.

I've got a set of doubles with an old Sherwood 300bar manifold on them. It's the older style, I can't remember what it's called - it's not a captured o-ring, it's a ______. The term is failing me now...

Anyway! Before I buy new left & right hand valves for the tanks for my sidemount setup, I thought I would try and see if anyone around here would happen to have any plugs for a manifold of that type laying around. I would be forever grateful to the seller!

Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.

Just duct tape a fishing cork in there Jason

DeWayne

The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

Every 300BAR Sherwood manifold I've seen is the captured o-ring type. Also, I've never seen plugs for these valves. I don't think they were ever made.

Administrator Forum Admin

You aren't talking about the old Sherwood dual yoke valve are you? They weren't 300 bar, and had no way to plug them.

A picture might help.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I went out to my garage to take a picture, and then remembered my doubles are at the dive shop...doh! I'll get a picture on Monday - thanks for the help.

I could try the cork - any idea how many layers of tape you need to be rated to 3500 PSI?

I figure if all else fails I can just cram a plug of JB Weld into the ends or soemthing like that...heh.

Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.