Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default What?s the deal...

I have not found much comparison or reviews on the Halcyon Contour S...hell there is very little on the SM let alone the S. If anyone has test dove or owns the S, what do you think of it? How does it compare to other units, especially the Armadillo. No one really seems to talk about the Armadillo S either. What am I missing with regard to these units? Why aren?t they talked about or recommended much on here?

Last edited by Deep_Six; 12-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

design is similar to the SMS75-100. You have to be fairly tall and dive heavy steels to make it work. It's a great alternative to either of the Hollis units, but other design paradigms have been favored in recent years, especially considering the cost of them

I have one, it dives nice but does balloon up on top. I dont SM much, if I was in the market for another rig I'd be looking at the XDeep

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

The rails on top of the bladder are a bad idea. The Armadillo is a much better design. I wish the wing was separate from the harness on the Armadillo as it would essentially be a Stealth rec wing with a top dump instead of the butt dump

Default What?s the deal...

Speaking of dumps, I have an LS and an XDeep. The LS has a nice dump on top that is easy to find and I primarily use that or a rear dump on the lower side. The XDeep is a great harness but does not have the top dump. I find it difficult to get to the rear dump as it is located in the rear middle. (Shirt arms) Otherwise you have to use your inflator as a dump which I do not like because I have to get too vertical use it. Not sure I worded that right. Still getting used to the XDeep so it may get easier. The difference in wings is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    Speaking of dumps, I have an LS and an XDeep. The LS has a nice dump on top that is easy to find and I primarily use that or a rear dump on the lower side. The XDeep is a great harness but does not have the top dump. I find it difficult to get to the rear dump as it is located in the rear middle. (Shirt arms) Otherwise you have to use your inflator as a dump which I do not like because I have to get too vertical use it. Not sure I worded that right. Still getting used to the XDeep so it may get easier. The difference in wings is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On my xdeep (tec 2.0) there?s a blanking plate on the right of the wing, if you have that I imagine you could move the dump or add another.

Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    On my xdeep (tec 2.0) there?s a blanking plate on the right of the wing, if you have that I imagine you could move the dump or add another.
    you can, I tried it with my Hollis Katana which has similar dump locations but really don't like it. It's a strange design choice IMO because the top-middle dump works just as well as a bottom-middle dump with the added advantage of only having to go to your chest vs all the way behind you to change buoyancy. Major reason and actually probably the only real reason why I haven't even thought about buying a Stealth