Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    No real story. Buddy borrowed a reg. I lent him one I wasn't using. At some point on deco he noticed it was missing.
    Learn to tell a better story. Come up with something that includes a cheating wife, large estate, insurance settlement, bad business deals, rare coins, then throw in a twist, like a gay lover, abandoned child, abusive father, alien abduction, zombies, or Trump supporter.

"Those who the gods seek to destroy, first learn how to play golf."
    "Doing nothing is very hard to do.... you never know when you're finished."
    "Yes, golf can be taught ... it's just that it can't be learned."
    " I am serious.... and don't all me Shirley."

Leslie Nielsen 11-28-2010

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

It all started months ago on a previous dive with a gay dive buddy. Which was odd, because he was in fact a trump supporter. The reason the gay dive buddy (who shall remain nameless) is relevant is because he is the person who introduced me to the dive buddy who lost my regulator. And to be honest, I don't know who he voted for. He's from Jersey, so I assume he did not vote for Trump.

At any rate... The non-gay dive buddy, who was first introduced to me by my gay dive buddy was SUPPOSED to get to my house at 8pm on Friday night. He says he hooked up with a girl that afternoon, and as such was running late. He didn't get to my house until midnight. I'm not sure if the girl really exists, or if it's just cover for being a gay dive buddy. I don't know.

At any rate, the original plan was that he would arrive at my house at 8pm, we'd head to the dive shop, work on stage regs and gas fills, and head out at 6am to get to Manatee at 8am. But all that got thrown out the window with the alleged hookup.

So, we left my house as about 6:45 and arrived at my shop before 7. It took us about an hour to fill tanks and resolve regulator issues, which is where I think everything started to go south. In our haste, we obviously didn't tighten a 2nd stage reg properly. I fully blame the alleged hookup girl... if she even exists at all. He did show me pictures of her, and she is hot in the pictures, but no proof of actual hookup. So I'm not sure if he really gets a pass at this point.

At any rate, we arrived at Manatee to be told that the park was already full. I inquired about entering at Friedman and was told that entering there would be okay. Of course, as you probably remember, it rained hard all day. So, we were forced to hike 13 bottles, two scooters a rebreather and a set of doubles through the woods in the pouring down rain. That sucked. I still blame hookup girl.

We got into the water and everything went off pretty well. My dive buddy was dropping stages along the way seemingly without issue. However, at some point during the dive, the 2nd stage reg to one of his unused stage bottles has come off. I'm guessing he was day dreaming about alleged hookup girl when he should have been concentrating on diving. As such, he didn't notice the reg gone until he switched to that stage bottle and had bubbles blowing everywhere.

I, due to being on an awesome CCR and not daydreaming about hookup girl, was able to hear the gas leak, but when it stopped, just figured it was a bad seating of the oring when he charged the system. Little did I know, I had in fact lost a regulator, which is gay - irony, I know.

We turned our dive only to discover that one of his tank placements was on a particularly fragile section of the main line. Our line showing the exit to the cave was gone. Because of the flow, the line had blown downstream from our perspective more than 150' from us. We eventually found it at the next tie off, toward the exit of the cave. I attempted to re-connect it several times, but it seemed my dive buddy was working against me. He was doing his best to manage the bird's nest of line by wrapping it around a rock, while I was trying to reach the break, first coming up about 15' short, then 20' then 25', with each attempt having less line as he wrapped the nest around a rock.

Communication was not on our side, and finally after fighting to resolve the issue for several minutes, I decided that this was a problem best attacked with more gas or at least people not on gay open circuit.

We made our exit, where my buddy had 40 more minutes of deco than I did. It was during this deco that I discovered that we had lost my XT2.

FYI, I have still yet to meet/confirm the existence of "hookup girl".

Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    It all started months ago on a previous dive with a gay dive buddy. Which was odd, because he was in fact a trump supporter. The reason the gay dive buddy (who shall remain nameless) is relevant is because he is the person who introduced me to the dive buddy who lost my regulator. And to be honest, I don't know who he voted for. He's from Jersey, so I assume he did not vote for Trump.

At any rate... The non-gay dive buddy, who was first introduced to me by my gay dive buddy was SUPPOSED to get to my house at 8pm on Friday night. He says he hooked up with a girl that afternoon, and as such was running late. He didn't get to my house until midnight. I'm not sure if the girl really exists, or if it's just cover for being a gay dive buddy. I don't know.

At any rate, the original plan was that he would arrive at my house at 8pm, we'd head to the dive shop, work on stage regs and gas fills, and head out at 6am to get to Manatee at 8am. But all that got thrown out the window with the alleged hookup.

So, we left my house as about 6:45 and arrived at my shop before 7. It took us about an hour to fill tanks and resolve regulator issues, which is where I think everything started to go south. In our haste, we obviously didn't tighten a 2nd stage reg properly. I fully blame the alleged hookup girl... if she even exists at all. He did show me pictures of her, and she is hot in the pictures, but no proof of actual hookup. So I'm not sure if he really gets a pass at this point.

At any rate, we arrived at Manatee to be told that the park was already full. I inquired about entering at Friedman and was told that entering there would be okay. Of course, as you probably remember, it rained hard all day. So, we were forced to hike 13 bottles, two scooters a rebreather and a set of doubles through the woods in the pouring down rain. That sucked. I still blame hookup girl.

We got into the water and everything went off pretty well. My dive buddy was dropping stages along the way seemingly without issue. However, at some point during the dive, the 2nd stage reg to one of his unused stage bottles has come off. I'm guessing he was day dreaming about alleged hookup girl when he should have been concentrating on diving. As such, he didn't notice the reg gone until he switched to that stage bottle and had bubbles blowing everywhere.

I, due to being on an awesome CCR and not daydreaming about hookup girl, was able to hear the gas leak, but when it stopped, just figured it was a bad seating of the oring when he charged the system. Little did I know, I had in fact lost a regulator, which is gay - irony, I know.

We turned our dive only to discover that one of his tank placements was on a particularly fragile section of the main line. Our line showing the exit to the cave was gone. Because of the flow, the line had blown downstream from our perspective more than 150' from us. We eventually found it at the next tie off, toward the exit of the cave. I attempted to re-connect it several times, but it seemed my dive buddy was working against me. He was doing his best to manage the bird's nest of line by wrapping it around a rock, while I was trying to reach the break, first coming up about 15' short, then 20' then 25', with each attempt having less line as he wrapped the nest around a rock.

Communication was not on our side, and finally after fighting to resolve the issue for several minutes, I decided that this was a problem best attacked with more gas or at least people not on gay open circuit.

We made our exit, where my buddy had 40 more minutes of deco than I did. It was during this deco that I discovered that we had lost my XT2.

FYI, I have still yet to meet/confirm the existence of "hookup girl".
    LMAO, now that's a story...

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

Much better.

I guess a stage bottle with no second stage gives a whole new meaning to "open circuit"... gay or otherwise

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Good story ! At least you did not start it " A dark and stormy day at Manatee". You need to provide pictures of the so called hookup girl, the last hookup girl I had was the lady renting me a U-Haul trailer.

"Those who the gods seek to destroy, first learn how to play golf."
    "Doing nothing is very hard to do.... you never know when you're finished."
    "Yes, golf can be taught ... it's just that it can't be learned."
    " I am serious.... and don't all me Shirley."

Leslie Nielsen 11-28-2010

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads