Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Little River 11-24-18

Little river is awsome right now... river intrusion is up into the basin and most of the basin is a foggy brown/green, however just feet before the overhead you will encounter crystal clear water and very little flow.

I had a nice dive yesterday up to around 1300', checked out the florida room syphon tunnel, harper tunnel was great (first time there) and poked around a bunch of interesting holes I'd swam past on every other dive i've ever done here. Good times!

then I ate hot dogs at wayne's. Man, what a great day! I love hot dogs.

Nice! These are the best kind of conditions for little river. Thank you for sharing.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    ...then I ate hot dogs at wayne's. Man, what a great day! I love hot dogs.
    Sorry I missed you at Amigos.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I got there late... the crowd had pretty much cleared out. I should have dove second, although on second thought, a belly full of hot dogs at 100' doesn't sound like a good recipe.

Default Little River 11-24-18

I had a nice dive yesterday up to around 1300', checked out the florida room syphon tunnel, harper tunnel was great (first time there) and poked around a bunch of interesting holes I'd swam past on every other dive i've ever done here.
    How was the syphon tunnel. I?ve always avoided it because a friend said it was really nasty.
    Love the Harper tunnel. All the big clay banks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by FW; 12-02-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    roadkill

it was pretty neat, but could get nasty quick. when I spun to exit it got a little nasty from the fine silt that has accumulated back there. I noticed the way the ceilings and overhead area are formed, if you were on open circuit you'd have a crap storm of debris dumping down on you. It was fun to see the passage, but I likely won't go back in there again.

Conditions are even better now... flow is slightly less than last week (almost zero), viz is slightly better, basin water level is up another 6-8" from last week.

Fingers crossed it holds for the next couple weeks. At least it shouldn?t be like it was last time I was down. The road/parking lot had running water.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk