Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Yes. That?s what I?m looking for. When Dave and I were on the CDS Board he showed me his method but being short and blonde I have forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go Tony, the Dave Stage

You run thick bungee through a quicklink and tie knots on the back side that keep the bungee pretty tight. The quicklink is held into place by a ziptie. There's a boltsnap attached to a short piece of bungee on the bottom of the tank, positioned 10 inches from the tank bottom. The boltsnap is positioned in a straight line down from the backside of the tank valve.

In the photos the neck boltsnap is on the front of the tank, but when you dive it you pull the bolt snap back so that it's facing the backside of the valve. That's what keeps it tight, the boltsnap being pulled back behind the valve. In the photos there's also a quicklink on the bungee. Ignore that. I was using that to clip my reg to, but have moved away from metal to metal connections. The bottom clip/bungee needs to be very short or the tank will hang low. Tank position is also affected by position of the dring on the waist belt. You just have to play with it. When donning the stage and a deco bottle, I put the stage on first, then attach the deco bottle with it being to the outside of the stage. If you try to put it on from the inside (closer to your midline) it won't work as well.

Keys to keep tank from sagging: tight neck bungee so the neck boltsnap has some tension, short bottom bungee, good waist dring position.

Let me know if all that makes sense.

I don't know why cdf always posts my photos sideways. The camera was right way up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3426.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	19051   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2341.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	19050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	19049   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4674.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	19052   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7940.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	19053  

I run my stage bottles almost exactly like rddvet does. Only thing i do differently is a longer bungee on the bottom and i hook on to my rail, between my bail out and body. Its a bit of a tight fit with my Sidewinder but it is how i always side mounted stages so i stuck with it. I may have to try the rigging rddvet suggested and hook to a waist d ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    I run my stage bottles almost exactly like rddvet does. Only thing i do differently is a longer bungee on the bottom and i hook on to my rail, between my bail out and body. Its a bit of a tight fit with my Sidewinder but it is how i always side mounted stages so i stuck with it. I may have to try the rigging rddvet suggested and hook to a waist d ring.
    I've tried that but betweeen my zipseals and computer I can't easily fit my hand between my body and primary tank to grab the boltsnap

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Here you go Tony, the Dave Stage

You run thick bungee through a quicklink and tie knots on the back side that keep the bungee pretty tight. The quicklink is held into place by a ziptie. There's a boltsnap attached to a short piece of bungee on the bottom of the tank, positioned 10 inches from the tank bottom. The boltsnap is positioned in a straight line down from the backside of the tank valve.

In the photos the neck boltsnap is on the front of the tank, but when you dive it you pull the bolt snap back so that it's facing the backside of the valve. That's what keeps it tight, the boltsnap being pulled back behind the valve. In the photos there's also a quicklink on the bungee. Ignore that. I was using that to clip my reg to, but have moved away from metal to metal connections. The bottom clip/bungee needs to be very short or the tank will hang low. Tank position is also affected by position of the dring on the waist belt. You just have to play with it. When donning the stage and a deco bottle, I put the stage on first, then attach the deco bottle with it being to the outside of the stage. If you try to put it on from the inside (closer to your midline) it won't work as well.

Keys to keep tank from sagging: tight neck bungee so the neck boltsnap has some tension, short bottom bungee, good waist dring position.

Let me know if all that makes sense.

I don't know why cdf always posts my photos sideways. The camera was right way up.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

I dive my stages bm also. More or less the same as on the pictures above, but I have a longer bungee on the bottom. I have tried bottom and top, but since I dive a sidemount ccr, bottom works best. I do same with oc.