Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Little River Line Replacement: Well Casing to EOL

In an effort to resurvey the Little River Spring Cave System (an make it a safer), the NSS-CDS removed and replaced line from the section AFTER the Well Casing to the (old) EOL.

The reason was because there were multiple line traps, and damage was being created by people staying on top of the line rather than reading the cave. It is my opinion the line replaced was 20+ years old given the materials used and directional markers present.

Please keep this in mind if you intend to visit this section of cave and are already familiar with it. the NSS-CDS apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,

Adam Hughes
    NSS-CDS Operations Manager
    cdsmanager@nsscds.org

Last edited by adam_Hughes; 11-09-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jebernot View Post
    This is a joke.

Administrator Forum Admin

Thanks Adam.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Thanks Adam

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

good to know, will be in there tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

Am I the only "stick in the mud" that actually liked the condition and placement of the old line? It always gave me a moment of pause to reflect upon the reality of where I was, what I was doing, how dangerous it was, and how careful I needed to be.

Like my last boss always told me, "If it was easy, everybody would do it".

No naked pictures, just dive stuff. Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    Am I the only "stick in the mud" that actually liked the condition and placement of the old line? It always gave me a moment of pause to reflect upon the reality of where I was, what I was doing, how dangerous it was, and how careful I needed to be.

Like my last boss always told me, "If it was easy, everybody would do it".
    There are some places in LR that many people have no business going because of the hazards you will encounter. Fortunately, many are not spoken of on this forum, and many people hope Adam leaves off the map that is published,but for the places that are openly talked about, it gives the unsuspecting a reasonable survivability chance.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

LOL, Kelly! I remember hitting Small Creek in backmount with Gary Ashburn way back in the day. I wasn't close to ready for it, but damn I grew a pair fast...

Safe diving,

Rich

P.S. It's like on RG's map. "only cave divers with the utmost skill and experience"...

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    P.S. It's like on RG's map.
    That's a blast from the past. I remember getting a 16/40 fill and he got distracted, and it became 12/65

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

how far in to small creek does it get nasty? i found the first 600' to be decent except the first 75' or so. i thought it was a pretty passage despite the lower viz and colder water.