Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

we rode it out in an our old house near downtown panama city (cove area) - it was/is very very bad - center went just east of here and it seems we rode whole eye wall from north to southwest as the storm went NE. we drove to gainesville today to get a break (one crushed vehicle, one thankfully not). AT&T cell works in PC somewhat, other companies not - we live not far from cavers mark sumner (EEL here) and linda - we've seen them a couple of times and they are doing OK . Mexico beach is worse apparently. We have seen drinking water distribution and heard of meals, etc. I think lack of water/sewage is going to be serious soon. People are flushing toilets with pool or bayou/bay water, but I think the system won't be able to handle it at some point. We and most people we see are just glad to have survived and have good attitudes, but the future is very uncertain.

hope folks are ok here, Marianna, and elsewhere - don't know how to get up with vince, as I don't work at the navy base anymore and don't have contact info

Quote Originally Posted by dogwatch View Post
    hope folks are ok here, Marianna, and elsewhere - don't know how to get up with vince, as I don't work at the navy base anymore and don't have contact info
    I spoke with Vince. He was in D.C. when the storm came through.

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

Linda and I live in Panama City one block over from Dogwatch and I will second his statement. It was very very bad. We rode out the entire western edge of the eye wall. The house is basically ok, but needs a new shingle roof and lots is little things to patch up. This neighborhood once had many many beautiful old trees. They are mostly gone now and many took people's houses down with them. The water and cell service finally came back on yesterday. Power may not be for quite some time. Thanks for all the well wishes out there.

Mark Sumner

Quote Originally Posted by EEL View Post
    Linda and I live in Panama City one block over from Dogwatch and I will second his statement. It was very very bad. We rode out the entire western edge of the eye wall. The house is basically ok, but needs a new shingle roof and lots is little things to patch up. This neighborhood once had many many beautiful old trees. They are mostly gone now and many took people's houses down with them. The water and cell service finally came back on yesterday. Power may not be for quite some time. Thanks for all the well wishes out there.
    Glad you're OK.

Special Forum Member

I get a new roof! Yay Michael....NOT. If I ever move again, don't come close.

Shirley, who's had roofs replaced due to Erin, Opal, almost Dennis (just lost power for a long time), Ivan, and Katrina (by proxy, I was visiting my son in Pass Christian), and now Michael.

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

It sounds like you might could make a pretty good living by letting people know you plan to move next door-- once they learn your history, a collection is sure to go around to help set you up someplace else!

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    It sounds like you might could make a pretty good living by letting people know you plan to move next door-- once they learn your history, a collection is sure to go around to help set you up someplace else!
    LOL, good idea for financing a dream move! In the meantime, I'm wondering if I can get a restraining order on Jim Cantore.

My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    LOL, good idea for financing a dream move! In the meantime, I'm wondering if I can get a restraining order on Jim Cantore.
    He only reports them, he doesn't cause them...

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    He only reports them, he doesn't cause them...
    I'm not buying it! He's got some kind of pull with those things!

Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    I get a new roof! Yay Michael....NOT. If I ever move again, don't come close.

Shirley, who's had roofs replaced due to Erin, Opal, almost Dennis (just lost power for a long time), Ivan, and Katrina (by proxy, I was visiting my son in Pass Christian), and now Michael.
    Perhaps it is you that is attracting all of these hurricanes. Were you cursed by a gypsy, or ex boyfriend? Do you have a hurricane magnet installed on your car? Are you secretly dancing naked around pictures of Hubert Saffir and Robert Simpson?

Perhaps a new career as a storm chaser would be good, as they seem to chase you anyhow.

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads