Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Yes , excellent news... !!!

Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

Honorary Member

Everyone around Marianna and SW Georgia is asking for chainsaws, the chains for chainsaws, bar oil, gasoline, and easy-to-fix food. So many trees down everywhere.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

Honorary Member

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

Any updates or word yet on Wakulla County (Crawfordville/Medart/Sopchoppy)?

That was taken on my street, along the Millpond. The Cave Connections guys organized a crew of badasses to open a path all the way to my front door! Can't thank them enough.

All Marianna area cave divers seem to be accounted for. A few of us had substantial loss and damage to home and property but with the help of good friends and neighbors we're making progress!

Quote Originally Posted by mag3 View Post
    Any updates or word yet on Wakulla County (Crawfordville/Medart/Sopchoppy)?
    I drove to Sopchoppy yesterday. Damage is mainly downed trees, not too bad. Power is on in parts of Medart/Crawfordville. Some stores and restaurants open. Talquin says 14% of customers have power restored, not at my son's house.

I understand there was flooding in St Marks. I talked with Lamar English, he came through OK. Wakulla dive center looks OK from the street, Cave Connections appeared to have power yesterday, or Steve has a generator.

Supermarkets in Crawfordville and parts of Tallahassee open. Rocky's in Medart has some gas. Trees on power lines seems to be the issue around the area.

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

Looks like Maddisons went down, anybody hear from Ed?
    Attached Images

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Thank you, friends, for your concern. I've posted on Facebook, but I realize not everyone in on there. We rode it out in our central hallway. (We stayed because we're a mile from the beach and 18' elevation.) We lost about a dozen shingles and a crapload of limbs. And that's it. Considering the eye made landfall 22 miles from us, it was miraculous. We're at my mother's in Columbus until our house gets power or I can get a generator.

Again, thank you all for your concern.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I drove to Sopchoppy yesterday. Damage is mainly downed trees, not too bad. Power is on in parts of Medart/Crawfordville. Some stores and restaurants open. Talquin says 14% of customers have power restored, not at my son's house.

I understand there was flooding in St Marks. I talked with Lamar English, he came through OK. Wakulla dive center looks OK from the street, Cave Connections appeared to have power yesterday, or Steve has a generator.

Supermarkets in Crawfordville and parts of Tallahassee open. Rocky's in Medart has some gas. Trees on power lines seems to be the issue around the area.

Excellent. Thanks!

Honorary Member

Fellow cave divers,

Insurance is not enough to help all of these people get their homes back on their feet. Please consider helping - every bit helps.

https://www.gofundme.com/relief-for-...d-cave-divers?