Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sea Hunt

What impressed me most about Sea Hunt was that all the female co-stars, no matter how short, tall, skinny, rounded all ended up looking like Zale Parry when they were underwater, for the first two seasons, then they looked like Wendy Wagner.

Ivan Tors always seemed to hire non-swimmers for an underwater based show. @#$%, even Lloyd Bridges could only dog-paddle for the first season!

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    ...Ivan Tors always seemed to hire non-swimmers for an underwater based show. @#$%, even Lloyd Bridges could only dog-paddle for the first season!
    You don't need to be able to swim to dive, unless you fall off the boat

I took my first scuba course from NASDS, and they didn't even have a proper pool, just a 10' diameter tank, about 8' deep. Then when I took my wife to learn from the YMCA, they had a swimming test before you could even start.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    What impressed me most about Sea Hunt was that all the female co-stars, no matter how short, tall, skinny, rounded all ended up looking like Zale Parry when they were underwater, for the first two seasons, then they looked like Wendy Wagner.

Ivan Tors always seemed to hire non-swimmers for an underwater based show. @#$%, even Lloyd Bridges could only dog-paddle for the first season!
    Loved your comment about Zale and Wendy. Also, Ivan pretty much ruled Florida's television production world when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s. His studio was still in Miami as late as the mid 90s. I was asked to work on a goofy show one of his son's was behind. We grew up loving Gentle Ben and Flipper though. Years ago I showed some of those episodes to my children and told them that's the way us Florida kids dressed and what we did, in regards to jumping in a little john boat with a small kicker and going exploring when and wherever. That, and the Creature films is my Florida...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1761.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	18876 It's still a wonder how Mike Nelson accomplished so much in just a half hour. The photo is a comic book cover from 1961.

The most interesting trivia about Sea Hunt was Bridges next door neighbor was a SCUBA diver. He appeared in three or four episodes. That would be Leonard Nimoy AKA "Spock."

/Ken Hill

“Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it.” Ayn Rand