Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Firecracker cave?

Is there a map of this florida cave? Anyone here dive it? Thanks!

Andy Pitkin (he is on CDF) would probably have something. They have done tons in and around M2 Blue.

There is another cave called Firecracker that is north of Vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward Beecher View Post
    There is another cave called Firecracker that is north of Vortex.
    Good point Ward. I was talking about this one - http://www.caveatlas.com/systems/sys...p?ID=246&tab=2

Yes, that is the one I was referring to Walter. I've had some locals showing me a number of sinkholes and springs not too far from madison blue lately, many of which appear to have very little published information available.

The one near M2 Blue was discovered by Buford Pruitt and explored by him and Mark Long in the early 90s. It is on Suwannee River Water Management District property so a permit is required to dive it. If you can find the article Buford wrote for NSS News (I think it was in about 1991 or 92) about his exploration of M2 Blue it has a sketch map of Firecracker in it.

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin View Post
    The one near M2 Blue was discovered by Buford Pruitt and explored by him and Mark Long in the early 90s. It is on Suwannee River Water Management District property so a permit is required to dive it. If you can find the article Buford wrote for NSS News (I think it was in about 1991 or 92) about his exploration of M2 Blue it has a sketch map of Firecracker in it.
    Thank you for replying Andy! What you guys have done up there is nothing short of remarkable.

Is that Blackwater you mean?

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Is that Blackwater you mean?
    No, I mean Firecracker. NSS News, April 1992, p.97.

Last edited by apitkin; 10-04-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added reference.

No, I mean Firecracker. NSS News, April 1992, p.97.
    Thanks, I know some places have different names.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick