Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone seen any cotton fields in Florida - maybe near JB?

Odd request - I am trying to find cotton fields to shoot some footage for a project I am working on. I believe there are several up in Jackson County but I just don't know where exactly. Can anyone hook me up with a Google maps pindrop or something? It's getting close to harvest time so they should be getting somewhat apparent if you drive past one. Thanks!

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

Around Greenwood, Fl up near the Marianna airport are several. I am no longer in the area so I don't know what was planted this year as they do crop rotation so some years it could be soybeans. There is a cotton gin there. You could message Rob Neto on Facebook as his fill station is in the area and in fact there is a large cotton field in his backyard.

Clover Leaf Gin
    4455 Hwy 162, Marianna, FL 32446
    (850) 594-3668

https://goo.gl/maps/rSnr7rjL7Ep

Contact the Ag Extension Service for the county you are interested in. They should be able to tell you where cotton is being grown, and give you contact information if you want permission to photograph on private property.

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.

(30.6727187,-85.3130258)

This field has had cotton planted in it every year. I pass by it on my way to Marianna, but haven't specifically seen what is planted there now. I can check it out next time I go by and confirm.

Mark Sumner

Quote Originally Posted by barney00 View Post
    Odd request - I am trying to find cotton fields to shoot some footage for a project I am working on. I believe there are several up in Jackson County but I just don't know where exactly. Can anyone hook me up with a Google maps pindrop or something? It's getting close to harvest time so they should be getting somewhat apparent if you drive past one. Thanks!
    Come up to south Georgia, we have tons of cotton fields and cave diving. For something more local, I would consider north of Madison on highway 143.

Last edited by Kelly Jessop; 09-24-2018 at 05:01 AM.
    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by EEL View Post
    (30.6727187,-85.3130258)

This field has had cotton planted in it every year. I pass by it on my way to Marianna, but haven't specifically seen what is planted there now. I can check it out next time I go by and confirm.
    Thanks Mark - greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the other advice as well folks!

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

Well, just remember, when them cotton balls get rotten, you can't pick very much cotton,
    In them ole cotton fields back home

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads