Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mayan Blue

Default Mayan Blue

We?re spending the next three weeks diving the amazing caves of the Yucat?n peninsula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darker

How long, on average, does it take you to set up shots like those where you appear to have multiple slave flashes?

Thanks

Mark

Marissa is really doing some great work. I hope she can find a worthy model soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oms121 View Post
    Darker

How long, on average, does it take you to set up shots like those where you appear to have multiple slave flashes?

Thanks

Mark
    Hi Mark
    I gave this some thought today on our dive, and I?d say generally we spend less than 10 minutes at any location where we are placing strobes, and even less time at the spots that we don?t.
    I actually hate spending a lot of time in any one location. Inevitably silt gets kicked up or percolation rains down and the location isn?t as photogenic as possible.
    Also, we don?t spend a lot of time ?placing? the strobes, and try to have as little impact on the cave as possible. Our strobes are fairly neutral and don?t have a heavy metal base.
    Unfortunately strobes tend to be finicky and don?t always fire. And we don?t always get the light right. But I?d rather get in and get out and hope for a few good pics from each location than spend a lot of time ?setting up? the scene and in the process either damaging the cave or stirring up the visibility.
    And each spot seems to be better than the last, so I?m always hunting for the next better location.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Marissa is really doing some great work. I hope she can find a worthy model soon.
    I think she might have been auditioning a few random divers as the glided past.

Thanks for the details