Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
    Yep, I'm not particularly a fan of the integrated valve/first stage. The one I was using had a fill adapter with an internal check valve (they all do) which made it nearly impossible to fill safely with a booster. It would fill no issues up to my supply gas, but then as the booster took over, you had to boost to 3800 to overcome the check valve and end up with 3000. Not too safe in my book. I suspect other check valve assemblies are similar.
    check valve in the fill adapter itself or integrated to the "valvulator"? I have check valves in all of my whips, but they're 1psi check valves from swagelok so they require a negligible pressure bump to fill properly

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    check valve in the fill adapter itself or integrated to the "valvulator"? I have check valves in all of my whips, but they're 1psi check valves from swagelok so they require a negligible pressure bump to fill properly
    Check valve in the "valvulator" itself. The ones in my fill whips have no such issues.

I was advised by Dive Rite not to use their O2 regulator in this fashion for my Sidewinder mCCR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I was advised by Dive Rite not to use their O2 regulator in this fashion for my Sidewinder mCCR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't plug it, so obviously that would be bad
    if using it with a needle valve it will just be a tad more fiddly since it is unbalanced so you'll have some adjustments as a function of tank pressure. No reason you can't use it though plenty of Scubapro MK2's have been used over the years on rebreathers