Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default News sensationalizing or real events??

Well the picture isn't Cozumel so they got that wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmC1adh..._web_copy_link

I looked at a few of the pics on the link above and some are from Aerolito. For the most part it is a dark cave at least till you get back to Wonderland and I doubt they made it that far. The sign in Aerolito is also an old NACD stop sign not the one posted. The cavern area of Aerolito is silty and definitely not an ow tour type cavern. It isn't anything advanced but ow divers could definitely have a bad day in there. I will have to try and remember to ask German Yanez about it the next time I see him.

There's a picture on his Instagram of a poorly trimmed out sidemount diver doing some deco.

If it's any indication of his attitude towards cave diving, it doesn't surprise me he had an issue....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    There's a picture on his Instagram of a poorly trimmed out sidemount diver doing some deco.

If it's any indication of his attitude towards cave diving, it doesn't surprise me he had an issue....

There's also a shot of what looks to be some very unconventional ice fishing. He seems to live on the edge of a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
    Since when is "TMZ Sports" considered a responsible news source?

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.

Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Since when is "TMZ Sports" considered a responsible news source?
    My thoughts exactly. I started to type a reply last night but deleted it. TMZ is akin to the National Enquirer and the like. Yes, they may break a story that's legit but it's far from any kind of legitimate news source. I say that hesitantly as these days media outlets have become much more polarized and/or opinionated. Having grown up in the newspaper business, graduated from UF's j-school and worked in the field for years, the fourth estate has taken a major hit and sometimes deservedly so. As a free country though, I firmly believe we very much need an unbiased (or bought) free press! Our Founding Fathers knew that.

Typical attitude of a roided out jerkoff. A diver with that cocky of an attitude should never have been certified as a cave diver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180412_194641.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	18724
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyN View Post
    Typical attitude of a roided out jerkoff. A diver with that cocky of an attitude should never have been certified as a cave diver.
    Supposedly the guy is cave trained and from what I was told this is typical out of him and his buddies. As far as roided out jerks being cave divers I can think of a few. Some still active and some I only see in an airport now.

OK... someone posted this link and I followed it.... but now I don't know who posted it or where..... they were suggesting we comment on it... I did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Ic&app=desktop

Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt @ the 700' marker