Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I for one would like to thank the state of Florida and the people that worked with them to come up with this new system. It is a really well rounded and thought out solution. I'm sure that a lot of "Monday morning quarter backs" will share how it should be however I can see that a lot of thought and effort went into creating this well thought out and balanced solution.

Thank you

I agree. Originally I was against the idea because I hate any governmental involvement, but it's better than government shutting it down. Just last week I heard through the grapevine of a full cave diver that floats on the outskirts of my social group that recently took a somewhat new OW diver into EN. I think what's proposed is a pretty good solution. The one concern that I have is that it's been made a big deal by instructors and cave divers that EN requires cave certification as well as Trimix, but now the state doesn't outline exact requirements anywhere that I've seen. That means another OW diver could die there and the news say it wasn't recommended for that diver to be there. This is one of those times I'd actually like to see hard and fast requirements so that in the future if an OW or uncertified diver dies there the news will say they broke the law/rules diving there. Only real critique. And I normally wouldn't care but I'm still shocked by the recent news of an OW diver being brought in by a cave diver. I know it happens, but now it's occurred with someone I can put a face to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I for one would like to thank the state of Florida and the people that worked with them to come up with this new system. It is a really well rounded and thought out solution. I'm sure that a lot of "Monday morning quarter backs" will share how it should be however I can see that a lot of thought and effort went into creating this well thought out and balanced solution.

Thank you
    Thanks Bobby