Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This is the attestation.

Permits may be approved for a maximum of two days.

* Risks:

Cave diving is an extremely dangerous activity, serious bodily injury or death could occur even with training and experience. Dive sites at Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area (Chassahowitzka WMA) exceed depths of 300 feet. To dive these sites safely and properly, formal cave diving training and experience is recommended. Additionally, dives to depths present on Chassahowitzka WMA generally rely on mixed gas breathing gas mixtures (e.g. nitrox, trimix and/or heliox*). Formal training and experience in mixed gas use and decompression diving techniques is recommended. Due to the extreme risk associated with cave diving on Chassahowitzka WMA all divers must be at least 18 years old.

*Nitrox is any non-normoxic nitrogen and oxygen breathing gas mixture. Trimix is any breathing gas mixture that is comprised of any combination of oxygen, nitrogen and helium. Heliox is any breathing gas mixture composed of any combination of oxygen and helium.

Release Language:

LIABILITY RELEASE AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR SCUBA CAVE DIVING AT CHASSAHOWITZKA WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA

THIS IS A RELEASE OF YOUR RIGHTS TO SUE

I hereby affirm that I have been thoroughly advised and informed of the inherent risks of scuba diving. I understand any medical conditions I suffer from may increase the risk of injury or death while diving. I further understand and acknowledge that there are risks inherent in cave diving not generally present in open water recreational diving, including, but not limited to:

Lack of direct access to the surface in the event of an emergency.
    The possibility of becoming entangled in line, wedged, or pinned within the cave so as to be unable to return to the surface.
    The possibility of catastrophic air loss at depth.
    The length and/or depth of many cave dives involve decompression diving and the increased possibility of decompression sickness.
    The cave diving sites are in a remote area, difficulty or delay in transporting an injured diver to a hospital or recompression chambers may occur.
    The risk of injury entering or exiting a dive site.
    I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO AMOUNT OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING CAN FULLY ELIMINATE THE RISKS INHERENT IN CAVE DIVING AND AM VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUMING ALL SUCH RISKS.

* HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOREGOING, FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION OF REGISTERING ME TO SCUBA DIVE AT CHASSAHOWITZKA WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA, I, FOR MYSELF AND FOR MY HEIRS, BENEFICIARIES, AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE STATE OF FLORIDA, AND THE FLORIDA FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION COMMISSION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, INSURERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS , ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, EXPENSES, AND SUITS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN CHASSAHOWITZKA CAVE DIVING AND/OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE FOREGOING, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL NEGLIGENT ACTS, WHETHER ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER SUCH INJURIES, DEATH, OR DAMAGES OCCUR DURING THE DIVE, OR THEREAFTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Instructions on how to register at Eagles Nest. The first link is to register the second is for the permit.

https://public.myfwc.com/…/…/Permitt...eeProfile.aspx
    https://public.myfwc.com/…/Per…/Perm...itMeLogin.aspx

links are broken

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    links are broken
    They were disabled by the Cave Divers Forum, the same ones work fine on the NSS-CDS facebook page.

My bad try these.

Register

https://public.myfwc.com/CrossDOI/Pe...eeProfile.aspx

Get a permit, must select. "Chassahowitzka WMA SCUBA Diving Registration
    Authorizes SCUBA diving in Chassahowitzka WMA"

https://public.myfwc.com/CrossDOI/PermitMe/Menu.aspx

Last edited by Sly-vester; 08-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Cave diving is an extremely dangerous activity, serious bodily injury or death could occur even with training and experience. Dive sites at Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area (Chassahowitzka WMA) exceed depths of 300 feet. To dive these sites safely and properly, formal cave diving training and experience is recommended.
    Additionally, dives to depths present on Chassahowitzka WMA generally rely on mixed gas breathing gas mixtures (e.g. nitrox, trimix and/or heliox*). Formal training and experience in mixed gas use and decompression diving techniques is recommended. Due to the extreme risk associated with cave diving on Chassahowitzka WMA all divers must be at least 18 years old.
    Unfortunately, I think the word ?recommended? will be taken lightly by the folks who shouldn?t be diving there to begin with. (ie OW divers)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Special Forum Member

It appears on the surface that diving Buford would also fall under this new procedure, no?

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    It appears on the surface that diving Buford would also fall under this new procedure, no?
    Any pool of water on the chaz

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The online process works. I am scheduled for 2 days this month.

Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC
    Orlando, Florida

The registration process, at least, repetitively reminds the person about 'recommended' qualifications. After signing up the 1st time, its easy to login in again as well. I would recommend placing the PDF printout on your dash and/or saving the PDF to your phone.

Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC
    Orlando, Florida

I for one would like to thank the state of Florida and the people that worked with them to come up with this new system. It is a really well rounded and thought out solution. I'm sure that a lot of "Monday morning quarter backs" will share how it should be however I can see that a lot of thought and effort went into creating this well thought out and balanced solution.

Thank you

Bobby

The Light Dude
    Innovation through exploration

Local Zip Code Diver