Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default The sights and sounds of weekday diving

I haven't gotten to dive weekdays for a long time, but this week I did. I thought I only saw funny stuff on the weekends (like guys standing in the tunnel in OG or drunk college kids at Ginnie. But I guess you just see odd stuff anytime you stop and smell the roses, even on weekdays.

We saw a guy that decided to drop his bailout and dive without any bailout at all because he felt odd(which isn't that when you really want your bailout), a guy strapping weights to the crowns of his steel sm tanks to trim out (crowns, not the usual weights on the butts to keep the tanks from floating), but I guess I'm in the mix too because I didn't secure my fin well and as I swam to start the dive it fell off (my excuse is I'm in a new drysuit and the socks are so thick I can't feel my strap position on my feel).
    Sometimes there's more interesting things happening above water than in the cave.

I was at jb last week, they added a set of wooden stairs for people to get in and out, so the gearing up area on the wall is pretty small, a squeeze for two divers side by side. There was a little boy, maybe 8-10 year old, on these new stairs, he just kept jumping on me and clinging on while trying to kit up, hanging on my bc or hoses. He was all smiling and happy, but he was not talking or even making any sounds, and did not appear to understand English. There was no family with him that I could tell. I had to pry him off maybe 20 times. I don’t know what was going on, maybe a sick child or a hidden camera kind of prank, but that was extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    I was at jb last week, they added a set of wooden stairs for people to get in and out, so the gearing up area on the wall is pretty small, a squeeze for two divers side by side. There was a little boy, maybe 8-10 year old, on these new stairs, he just kept jumping on me and clinging on while trying to kit up, hanging on my bc or hoses. He was all smiling and happy, but he was not talking or even making any sounds, and did not appear to understand English. There was no family with him that I could tell. I had to pry him off maybe 20 times. I don?t know what was going on, maybe a sick child or a hidden camera kind of prank, but that was extremely annoying.
    A quick 5 seconds held under water is the cure for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    (like guys standing in the tunnel in OG.
    Yeah...... Not like OG wasn't already showing a lot of scars

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick