Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Used computer recommendation Xeo or Nitek Q

I am planning to work my way back into being an active diver. I want to upgrade from my Nitek HE.....

I am thinking that a used unit would be a decent place to start.

Currently there is a member selling both a Nitek Q and a Xeo. Both are in very good or new condition.

Right now, I'd rather spend $250 than buy the latest and greatest.

I will be OC/Tri-mix with no plan to go RB.

Opinions??

The problem with older computers is they develop problems and are no longer serviced. The x1 either had the display go dim or the battery die (I have 5 or 6 of these in "exploded view" because of this). Xeo had display problems. Not sure about the Nitek, but its got a rechargeable battery, so that will eventually die. The older Shearwaters apparently were prone to leaking (there's a whole thread on that somewhere, but at least they are still serviceable).

Not to dissuade you from getting any of those. I took a long look at both of the ones you're considering, as I'm still looking for a long-term replacement for my x1 that died last year. I'm hoping that once the new Teric becomes more widely available, the market will be flooded with low-price petrels and perdixes. Not likely, but I can dream.

Jim

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozark Forum Moderator

I always thought the display on the He was the only thing wrong with it. Just not big or bright enough. That being said, I wouldn't trade my two He's for any of the new generation that came after it. They're just so reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdarren View Post
    I always thought the display on the He was the only thing wrong with it. Just not big or bright enough. That being said, I wouldn't trade my two He's for any of the new generation that came after it. They're just so reliable.
    I LOVE my HE as well... though I am going to buy one of the DeepSix computers when he releases them just for the larger display.... still keeping the HE...there is something to be said for the simplicity of it.

Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt @ the 700' marker