Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    I-4 & the adjoining roadways are a nitemare in the Orlando area with the SGL road construction going on day & nite. Drivers here pay no mind to posted speed and yield signs...most commuters are to 15 to 25mph over the posted speed signs & you had better have your middle finger wrapped or you will lose it ! There is little to no respect from other drivers. I-4 itself is entirely accidents waiting to happen ! I transport medivac surgeons thruout central Florida & i have to tell you that their safety are my prime concern. I do not answer my phones or take text messages during transport & that pisses my dispatchers off! You must keep both hands on the wheel and be ready at any given moment to react to accident prone drivers ! Yeah Orlando is wonderful !
    So Jack, it was you that about ran me over yesterday on downtown I4. How fast were you going? 120mph? Geeze. Talk bad all you want about Orlando traffic, but I was driving around Atlanta last weekend and it made Orlando seem tame. And all that construction will be over one day, maybe 2059 I think.

Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC
    Orlando, Florida

Yeah ! that was me ! I saw the DAYO icon on your truk & was aiming for a ~Turkey Vulture~ strike, but I missed...you're just a better driver than me. ! Been thru Atlanta a couple of times, and agree with you. LA is much worse than either Orlando or Atlanta.......> 2059 ?? By then we will all be in auto pilot Teslas that actually fly themselves ! Stay wet & be safe.....watch out for the ETVs ! {emergency transport vehicles} they are out of control most of the time !

GAK !

Last edited by JE; 07-27-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spalling !

I personally love to make all of my major life decisions based on what others on the internet tell me.

Make a pros and cons list of things that are important to you, spend some time in the area, and do some looking around. While middle-October through December can be a great time of year to be a tourist, I would encourage anyone looking to move to Cave Country full time to spend some time here in July/August to discover heat season, some time in January to see "holy crap it really gets cold here?" season and March to learn about the yellow-green dust that covers everything.

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    I personally love to make all of my major life decisions based on what others on the internet tell me.

Make a pros and cons list of things that are important to you, spend some time in the area, and do some looking around. While middle-October through December can be a great time of year to be a tourist, I would encourage anyone looking to move to Cave Country full time to spend some time here in July/August to discover heat season, some time in January to see "holy crap it really gets cold here?" season and March to learn about the yellow-green dust that covers everything.
    Cute...except I am making them off of LOTS of factors, some being based on what others tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    High Springs? Country living? Hell, the houses there are so close together that you can see your neighbors! And there's an interstate highway almost right next to it!

Why would anybody want to live like that?
    My land has 4 people per square mile in my zip code. Close to a nice airport, but one that has few no-stops. Sadly, it's a fer piece to underwater caves. :-(

Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    My land has 4 people per square mile in my zip code. Close to a nice airport, but one that has few no-stops. Sadly, it's a fer piece to underwater caves. :-(

Sounds great! Ben Franklin said that the ideal population density for North America would be one person per square mile.

I'm with ya on the distance from underwater caves. The thing I like least about Vermont is that it's a long drive to go cave diving.

Quote Originally Posted by lord1234 View Post
    Cute...except I am making them off of LOTS of factors, some being based on what others tell me.
    And you should make sure to experience some of the more interesting times of year. That's my point.

Ken Sallot