Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regulators

Default Regulators

So I have been cave diving for almost two years and diving for 4 and I have dove both diaphragm and piston regs. Was a big hog guy for a while and then got a nice set of piston halcyons and while I love the quality of halcyons and piston regs I don't like the upkeep and maintenance cost.
    I've Decided that I want a high quality diaphragm doubles set that aren't expensive to service but am having trouble deciding on which brand to go with.
    Thoughts and suggestions welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drive down the road and buy Deep6

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    drive down the road and buy Deep6
    I'm now located in Jacksonville but that was an option although I can no longer find anything online concerning there reg sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right, they're currently sold out, new shipment is due in a few weeks and should be back up then, they've been plagued with some pretty terrible website issues as of late

I'm pretty happy with my Apeks (xtx50, ds4, dst). No complaints other than the weight adds up when travelling.

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

In my experience, my environmentally sealed diaphragms have been way less trouble then my unsealed piston regs. So I agree 100% with your observation.

As for Deep Six... I live Chris and I want to support Deep 6 but I can't 100% endorse because they have had supply issues with the service kits on their second stages. I never got mine and that was from last Black Friday. There's probably no record of it either as the web site later took a dump and my account was lost. Last time I looked they didn't even list a second stage as a SKU on their website. I hear that the Hog rebuild will work... I hope that's true when the day comes.

I still have Hog D1s for my singles reg and my doubles regs. Very fine equipment so I have no problem staying recommending that.

They seem to not be the glamour reg, but I have more of pre-XT Dive Rite regs than I do fingers & thumbs. Parts are easy to get so far. Service is simple and I can be as fussy as I want to be. As a result, mine have dove pretty well for me.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

If you are doing your own service work and want inexpensive parts kits you might want to consider going in the other direction with an older model regualtor.

For example, Vintage Double Hose sells service kits for the Scubapro Mk 10 and the G250 (or balanced adjustable upgraded with the current S-wing poppet) for $15 each.

You won't be table to tell the difference breathing a Mk 25 G260 or S600 and a Mk 10 G250, but you'll be able to service that Mk 10 G250 when needed for $30 in parts.

NACD Cave DPV Cert # 666: Cave DPV Anti-christ

G250's are my preferred second stage, though the D400's are nice in very high flow...

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

Quote Originally Posted by DA Aquamaster View Post
    If you are doing your own service work and want inexpensive parts kits you might want to consider going in the other direction with an older model regualtor.

For example, Vintage Double Hose sells service kits for the Scubapro Mk 10 and the G250 (or balanced adjustable upgraded with the current S-wing poppet) for $15 each.

You won't be table to tell the difference breathing a Mk 25 G260 or S600 and a Mk 10 G250, but you'll be able to service that Mk 10 G250 when needed for $30 in parts.
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the info on service kits!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.