Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default La Palma Travel Plan

I was planning our family trip to La Palma but I dont know much about this island. Were hoping to have fun at place were we can go hiking, surfing, and will offer us a wonderful scenery and I hope they have that. I've been reading this article about La Palma here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/...es/barlovento/ but i really want to hear what your personal experience to this island. Thanks!

Last edited by Sixtmne; 07-12-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Wrong Title

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtmne View Post
    I was planning our family trip to La Palma but I dont know much about this island. Were hoping to have fun at place were we can go hiking, surfing, and will offer us a wonderful scenery and I hope they have that. I've been reading this article about La Palma here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/...es/barlovento/ but i really want to hear what your personal experience to this island. Thanks!
    When are you going. My wife will be presenting research at a karst/cave diving international conference in October on Lanzarote. Supposed to be some cool cave diving talks and research presentations. She's very excited because it's a beautiful place. I'm jealous because I won't get to tag along. Too pricey of a flight to tag along on a whim. If you're in Orlando and find some cheap flights lemme know. We're just outside of tampa

According to Farr's CLASSIC DARKSITE DIVING, the only cave on Lanzarote (Cueva de Lagos) can be dived only with a special government permit. The was a cave on Ternerife (Cueva de Palm Mar), but the dive operator I contacted last year said that the entrance is now completely silted over.

"I like to do dangerous things safely."