Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default 2018 NSS-CDS Midwest Workshop Oct 20th!

Hey guys! Just want to make everyone aware of the date and place for the 20-8 Midwest workshop.

Oct 20th 2018
    Hampton Inn St Robert MO

I will have more information in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to having everyone out again and planning for a great event. The obvious change to location of the workshop was based off suggestions of having it closer to the caves. The Hampton Inn is 9 minutes from Roubidoux. We've been pretty fortunate with good diving conditions in the past and I'm hopeful we can get lucky this year too.

We will be working with Odyssey Scuba and Y-Kiki for air and trimix fills as well as any rentals for folks that fly in. Let me Bjorn Loftis or Bill Harrison know if you have any questions or suggestions. Looking for good speakers and presenters right now so if you have something cool to talk about give me a shout!

Thanks guys!!

Some cool speakers lining up.

Dan Lamping has been an active dry caver for nearly 20 years. Dan has caved throughout the Midwest, in TAG, Kentucky, Mexico and New Mexico He is currently the president of the Missouri Speleological Survey, serves on the board of directors for the Illinois Speleological Survey and is a Fellow of the Cave Research Foundation. His experience primarily involves survey and cartography, but has also assisted in cave management. He has been one of the primary explorers in the survey of Carroll Cave, Missouri's 3rd longest cave as well as one of the lead organizers for the survey of several large spring caves in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Roubidoux Cave.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	18510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dan Lamping .jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	18511  

Speaker #2

Forrest Wilson majored in Physics, and minored in computer science at Loyola University. He is head of technology for a school system science center. He started caving and diving in the late '50s, and cavediving in 1969. Early cavediving gear manufacturer, and designer of many pieces of gear used today, including the Line Arrow. Forrest is the diving officer for the National Cave Rescue Comission. He was the first NSS-CDS Training Director/Chairman. He has been cavediving in a dozen states, and 10 countries. He did initial exploration and surveying of sumps in 6 different states.

Forrest will talk about sump diving rescue and some of the events that surrounded the Thailand cave rescue. Forrest has been directly involved in a few sump rescues and will be able to discuss some of the specifics and discuss the need for sump diving rescue training.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070644.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	5.43 MB
ID:	18512