Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DUI sizing

Quote Originally Posted by Confuted View Post
    The Santi smartseals are a nice alternative to the zip seals. You can use normal wrist seals with the santi system.

I like the smart seals, but two problems:
    No neck zip

I know too many people with leaky santis and I considered one and gamble quickly talked me out of it with his stories of all the repairs he's been doing.

Chiming in late here, but figured I?d add my opinion.

I?ve owed a few DUI TLS 450 I think is what it was, and the other one I forget. Overall I found after some dives on it, it leaked. Off to gambles to repair. Few more dives leaked, not getting happy here. More dives and more leaks, I ended up getting rid of them. Many other divers I dive with had leaks also.

Overall I feel they have nice seals with the removable ones, but with the fixed seals I?ve not had issues with them, not to say I ever will but so far so good.

Personally I feel look around and get a different suit, lot of other different suits which are better quality some with warranty, some without, but better made and last better than DUI. If you are set in DUI give them a go, maybe your experience will be better than mine.

After the suits I have reach the point where I need to replace them I?m looking seriously at going with a SFTECH.

I recently got fitted for a customer FLX Extreme. I had the suit in my hands three weeks later. It fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    I recently got fitted for a customer FLX Extreme. I had the suit in my hands three weeks later. It fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier.

Let us know how it dives. Glad it fits perfectly for you.

If you are going dui flx is the way to go. Tls isnt made for caves.

Still yet to dive my new flx because it's a bummer it doesnt fit awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by v101 View Post
    Let us know how it dives. Glad it fits perfectly for you.
    I’ve only got about 15 hours on it, but I absolutely love it. It’s about my 8th dry suit in 20+ years. I feel foolish for waiting so long to buy a quality brand.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    If you are going dui flx is the way to go. Tls isnt made for caves.

Still yet to dive my new flx because it's a bummer it doesnt fit awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully they are making it right. I’ve lent mine to a couple of guys that share my dimensions (short and fluffy) and they like it too. I couldn’t be happier.

“Customer” FLX Extreme. Stupid autocorrect. Forrest, fix that for me please if you happen to read the post. It should read, “custom” obviously. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully they are making it right. I’ve lent mine to a couple of guys that share my dimensions (short and fluffy) and they like it too. I couldn’t be happier.

It's as close as they can get. It was just frustrating since my 5 year old TLS is a dream fit. I was excited to get a new suit, but the waiting and issues kind of soured me on it. Now I just got to get over that mental block and start enjoying it.