Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    Elon Musk apologized, saying he spoke in anger to untruths:
    It would appear the "untruth" Musk spoke about was that "...the submarine, which wasn’t used, wouldn’t have worked anyway." He was too hard headed to understand that the problem is that it wasn't flexible, and couldn't have made some of the corners. In the video posted earlier, Jason stated that it was hard enough to get the somewhat flexible Sked to make the corners.

Last edited by FW; 07-19-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I noticed that apology. I'd say it took him a while, and he could have done without the tempering. You call someone you know nothing about a pedophile, you just say you're sorry, period, whether or not they made a dumb comment about you sticking your mini-sub.

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It would appear the "untruth" Musk spoke about was that "...the submarine, which wasn’t used, wouldn’t have worked anyway." He was too hard headed to understand that the problem is that it wasn't flexible, and couldn't have mads some of the corners. In the video posted earlier, Jason stated that it was hard enough to get the somewhat flexible Sked to make the corners.
    Exactly.

Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Tracy and I just watched it. A-frigging-mazing!

Friends have asked me about this and about my cave diving, which I don't talk much about outside cave diving circles.

I tell them two things:

1) Yes, I'm a cave diver, but if cave diving were baseball, I'd be a high school player and the guys involved in this would be Hall of Fame major leaguers.

2) As difficult and complicated as it looks to the non-caver, non-cave diver, it's 100 times more difficult and complicated than that.

What an amazing effort by a huge number of people.
    I just finished watching the video too..... So many WOW's
    Kind of speechless ...

Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

I too watched the complete video. Lots of details that probably were just lost on the general public. References to zero vis, hitting your head, and many other things that we as cave divers understand. The general public would probably hear the words but have no true appreciation for what it is to lay line in poor visibility under the stress of finding the football team. We at least have a base level of understanding the environment that can allow us to begin to appreciate what these divers were up against.

My hat is off to each of the cave trained rescuers; and particularly to those Thai Navy divers who had little or no overhead training yet worked their way to the football team and then stayed with them.

Every person involved from support sherpas to the citizens who lost their years crop due to the flooding of their fields deserves all of the respect the world can give them. This demonstrates how well we all as humans can join together to help others. My hat is off to each and every person involved!

At 50 dives, I thought I had this diving thing figured out. At 100 dives, I realized how wrong I was at 50.

Cancer survivor since 2011.

Discovery Channel also has a doco on the cave rescue tonight in Aus. Not sure what time in US.
    https://www.discoverychannel.com.au/...ai-cave-rescue

Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    I noticed that apology. I'd say it took him a while, and he could have done without the tempering. You call someone you know nothing about a pedophile, you just say you're sorry, period, whether or not they made a dumb comment about you sticking your mini-sub.
    If anyone noticed, he only made the apology when Tesla stock started to drop in reaction to his tirade.

Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Discovery Channel also has a doco on the cave rescue tonight in Aus. Not sure what time in US.
    https://www.discoverychannel.com.au/...ai-cave-rescue
    Don't worry about Discovery Channel... total crap

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Don't worry about Discovery Channel... total crap
    I can't get discovery channel anyway, but thanks for letting us know not to bother.

Sump Divers

here was a very informative and detailed account of the entire situation... about an hour long. good video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-esjQLvsgTs