Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrpai View Post
    My wife keeps track of these gossip sites... always knows things like who the next guy to be taken down in a scandal and stuff a few days before it hits mainstream. Lately she's been saying Elon and his companies are about to crash.
    Want to elborate?

Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    Want to elborate?
    I think I added this after you replied: https://blindgossip.com/?p=92556

She has some technique of reading blind gossip and doing twitter searches... I don't know exactly how but she always knows stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by chrpai View Post
    I think I added this after you replied: https://blindgossip.com/?p=92556

She has some technique of reading blind gossip and doing twitter searches... I don't know exactly how but she always knows stuff first.
    Be careful what you read, the media and many 'financial analysts' have been painting a very negative picture of TSLA recently. Much of his by Chanos, if you care to read up regarding Chanos and Fairfax you can get some idea of what Elon is going through.

If I may divert the thread from its main topic of Mr. Musk and his "submarine", I am curious about how the oxygen levels in the cave dropped to 15% without CO2 rising to a threatening level.

Apparently normal is about 0.04%, and OSHA's maximum safe level is 3%. Any ideas?

https://www.shponline.co.uk/48768-2/

"So long and thanks for all the fish!" -- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    If I may divert the thread from its main topic of Mr. Musk and his "submarine", I am curious about how the oxygen levels in the cave dropped to 15% without CO2 rising to a threatening level.

Apparently normal is about 0.04%, and OSHA's maximum safe level is 3%. Any ideas?

https://www.shponline.co.uk/48768-2/
    Same reason the media reported the need to fill oxygen tanks, and we knew it was air tanks. I am sure rising CO2 was an issue, but they were only comprehending oxygen depletion.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Same reason the media reported the need to fill oxygen tanks, and we knew it was air tanks. I am sure rising CO2 was an issue, but they were only comprehending oxygen depletion.
    There's an article where one of the US pararescumen mentioned they were actually pumping 80% into all of the tanks. Sure it's not pure O2, but the media is less wrong that you think, although I doubt they understood the difference. Right by coincidence I guess. While we would certainly not call it oxygen, that distinction is far less likely with lay people.

Aside from all the drama, one thing good came out of all of this.

Cave Divers ended up being the heros that saved the day. It not only got cave diving positive press, it makes cave divers and cave diving look awesome. You couldn't ask for better press than this.

Sometime in the future someone who is considering a ban on cave diving, or shutting a cave off to cave divers may well look back at this and think... "Cave Divers? Yeah, we need a few of those guys around just in case someone gets trapped in a cave again."

A friend on facebook, who is not even a diver, shared a meme the other day, I'll paraphrase because I don't have it in front of me but it was a picture of Dr. Richard Harris wearing a rebreather and it said "This is Dr. Richard Harris, neurosurgeon and aeronautics consultant with 30 years of cave diving experience. He was instrumental in planning and executing the Thai cave rescue. When your children ask about heros, tell them about him."

The whole world watched this, and cave diving was finally portrayed in a positive light instead of another killer cave kills diver story.

Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    Aside from all the drama, one thing good came out of all of this.

Cave Divers ended up being the heros that saved the day. It not only got cave diving positive press, it makes cave divers and cave diving look awesome. You couldn't ask for better press than this.

Sometime in the future someone who is considering a ban on cave diving, or shutting a cave off to cave divers may well look back at this and think... "Cave Divers? Yeah, we need a few of those guys around just in case someone gets trapped in a cave again."

A friend on facebook, who is not even a diver, shared a meme the other day, I'll paraphrase because I don't have it in front of me but it was a picture of Dr. Richard Harris wearing a rebreather and it said "This is Dr. Richard Harris, neurosurgeon and aeronautics consultant with 30 years of cave diving experience. He was instrumental in planning and executing the Thai cave rescue. When your children ask about heros, tell them about him."

The whole world watched this, and cave diving was finally portrayed in a positive light instead of another killer cave kills diver story.
    Well said.

All the post-rescue media events create opportunities for distractions including bickering. I hope all those involved in this amazing effort understand to leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Elon Musk is being a baby that didnt get his way. Lost alot of respect for him in his bs.

And when he said the dude was "pedo" was he calling him a pedophile or was it some hipster or euro slang I dont know. If he's calling the dude a pedophile in reference to a recovery of children then he's a real a-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not trying to keep this thread in the gutter, but the reason Musk called him a pedo was because he lives in Thailand. And of course all men who live in Thailand do it because they have access to children for sexual reasons. Which I am stating sarcastically!!!!

https://gizmodo.com/hero-diver-threa...all-1827620681

Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

Already have a doco on the rescue here in Aus. Free to watch online.
    Out Of The Dark: The rescue mission to save Thailand's lost boys. The extraordinary international effort to find and rescue 12 school boys and their coach from a cave in northern Thailand. 56mins.
    https://iview.abc.net.au/show/four-c.../NC1803H023S00