Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrpai View Post
    It's complicated. Some states actually have a duty to rescue. Even when no such requirement exists, medical professionals do not always have an icon clad protection from Good Samaritan laws. They have a lot more training and experience so they can be held to a higher standard of care.
    Understood. Could only imagine, for an extreme cave rescue situation like this, it is unlikely that someone would be held liable if the rescue didn't go well.

Default Football team trapped in Thai cave complex

It is my understanding, from one of the interviews, that Australia negotiated with Thailand for immunity for Dr. Harris before the rescue took place. This was planned and executed with much thought.

Risk a little to save a little, Risk a lot to save a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Musk can't help but continue his little saga.

Elon Musk Thinks It's Strange "Pedo" Rescue Diver Didn't Sue.

I didn't know much at all about the dude before all of this, so I have to admire his attention-getting skillz. He is one class act, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    Looks like Musk can't help but continue his little saga.
    That's just sad.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!" -- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by tech_diver View Post

I hope he takes Musk to the cleaners.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post

I hope he takes Musk to the cleaners.
    He is suing Musk for $75k. Musk has probably had restaurant bills higher than that.

$75K compensatory. Punitive damage could very justifiably be higher IMHO. If someone this wealthy and influential talks out of their butt just to destroy someone's reputation, they ought to be taught the error of their ways so that it's felt. Make it a percentage of his net worth is what comes to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    $75K compensatory. Punitive damage could very justifiably be higher IMHO. If someone this wealthy and influential talks out of their butt just to destroy someone's reputation, they ought to be taught the error of their ways so that it's felt. Make it a percentage of his net worth is what comes to my mind.
    Yeah, I have no idea how punitive damages tend to scale (?) but given his value and how our system treats those on the top of the wealth scale, I'd be surprised if it would be enough in damages to be a source of pain for Musk. And if it were, just imagine the queue of lawsuits awaiting Trump after all his twitter attacks and his loose coupling to facts and reality. I don't see it happening in 2018.

Which brings me to the other point, Elon Musk is a smart mofo. I would be surprised if he said what he did with no basis, it seems unlike him. He is a methodical engineer. Don't get me wrong, a pretty crappy one when it came to making a cave rescue vessel, but in many other areas he's pretty much in a league of his own. When he said that he hopes that Unsworth sues, I would not join the bet that it was completely uninformed and reactionary.

But I guess we'll find out.

Rob